Chapter 34: Hideout

Start from the beginning

It was then Aizawa looked down at her arms and saw that there were small beads of blood where the IVs had once been.

He gingerly tucked her legs back under the sheets and pulled them up.

Shuzenji put the breathing mask back on the girls face. She cleaned the IVs and put them back in and connected her to the heart monitor again, this time lowering the volume just a little.

"She's lucky she didn't aggravate her wounds by doing that," She huffed.

The nurse sighed and smoothed out Sora's hair so it was neat again.

"Problem child," Aizawa sighed.

Nezu stared at the girl, concern shining in his eyes, "I didn't think she would wake up so soon."

"Neither did I, but I guess she's just full of mysteries," Shuzenji said.

Kayama stared in the background. She hadn't moved at all. Tears were in her eyes. The other staff had all left the room with worried faces, leaving Nezu, Aizawa, Kayama, Yamada, and Shuzenji in the infirmary.

Yamada put a hand on Kayama's shoulder, reassuring her that everything was okay.

"She looks like her so much," She whispered painfully.

"I know," He replied softly.

"What happened to you all these years?" Nezu whispered to the sleeping girl.

He didn't even know the half of it.

(The next day)

Aizawa drove his car drowsily. Nezu has told him that today would be a good day to go with Nowane to pick up their stuff from their old hide out.

He looked in the rear view mirror and saw the white haired girl looking out the window for the turns to tell Aizawa where to go. She had on the same thing she wore the day she came to UA except now she had the grey backpack that apparently belonged to Sora.

Nezu has told him that it was best if they didn't tell her about Sora's sudden awakening and panic attack. They knew that she would blame herself for being asleep when it was totally illogical. They both looked exhausted with very heavy eye bags, they needed as much sleep as possible.

Suddenly, Nowane told him to stop the car. He did and she got out of the car, looking up at a crappy abandoned apartment building.

"Is this it?" Aizawa asked?

"Yup," She said, popping the P.

"We can still see UA from here," He deadpanned. "Is this really where you two have been staying?"

"We moved around whenever we feel like people are closing in. This was just the recent hideout."

Nowane walked into the building, avoiding certain areas of the floor and finding the stairs which were, surprisingly, not that broken down.

"Be careful, Sky set traps up on the stairs," Ah, that explained it.

They climbed up the stairs and walked down the hallway, "What's with the nickname Sky?"

"Isn't it obvious? Sky written in Japanese is Sora. I've been calling her that ever since we met," Nowane said.

Aizawa hummed in acknowledgment. Nowane stopped at one door and pulled out two pins from her pocket.

"Damnit," Nowane said.

"What?" He asked.

"Sora was always better at this. Well it's not like we're ever using this place again," Nowane said as she got up and reeled her foot back.