Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ①⓪

☻No One's POV☻

The plant-like creature's body seeded back into the ground. As he travelled through the ground, the lighter side said, "Who knew Tobi would reveal himself to Kakashi Hatake." The darker side didn't respond. Pein and Konan watched as he sprouted from the ground. "So?" The orange haired man said. Even though he was supposed to, Tobi hadn't given the two a report on Kakashi or the mission they were on. "Tobi has told Kakashi Hatake of our plan and revealed his identity to him," Black Zetsu informed the pair. The bluenette narrowed her eyes and asked, "What is the meaning of this?" White Zetsu spoke up, "It seems the partners knew each other when they were young." She responded, "Why would that matter?" 

"Love," the darker side explained briefly. After a few seconds, Pein finally spoke again, "Inform Kisame Hoshigaki to eliminate Kakashi of the Sharingan." Konan's eyes darted to her partner's and opened her mouth to speak, but decided against doing so. Zetsu nodded and sunk into the ground once more. After the plant-like creature was gone, the bluenette asked, "Was that the best course of action?" Her partner replied, "Yes. We still hadn't verified if the new member was still loyal to the Land of Fire." Konan nodded in understanding.

~~

"I see... That was quick," the half shark half man responded to the order. He watched as Zetsu's body sunk into the soil of the ground. He returned to the three members of Sasuke's team; Juugo, Karin, and Suigetsu. Kisame had a grin planted on his discolored face, watching the three. Karin was trying to keep Suigetsu at bay while Juugo looked in contentedness. 

~~

The orange mask slides down to conceal Obito's face once more. He and Kakashi had separated from the previous embrace, now more awkward than ever. The now masked man still felt flustered from said hug. Searching for a conversation topic (something that he wondered why he was doing), Obito asked, "Uh... How'd you end up here?" After asking that, he thought, "Why did I ask something I already know the answer to? This is pointless." His eyes travelled back to the silvette, who responded with, "I did the same as Itachi but on a smaller scale." The dark haired man chuckled and quipped, "So, you became a copycat killer, Bakashi? Much disappoint." Kakashi narrowed his eyes a little at 'Bakashi', so Obito also said, "What? Would you rather 'Kakashi-Senpai'?" 

"Almost would," the former jounin said under his breath. Kakashi was still agape at the fact the other was alive, let alone the fact he ended up in the Akatsuki. He was still blushing under his face mask because he let his emotions control him earlier. And, it wasn't because of anything else. At least, that's what the silvette told himself and he refused to let himself believe otherwise. "Let's go get some food," Obito said. His voice had sounded different with the mask on. He didn't like it. And, for one reason or another, Kakashi misunderstood for a second and his face heated up again. "Yeah... Let's go," he replied with, peering at the eye behind the orange mask.

As the two walked back onto the path and back towards the town they came from, Kakashi felt a strange longing to see Obito's face again. "I'm just happy he's alive," he thought, "His face is pleasant because of nostalgia. That's it." As his mind filled with similar thoughts, the former jounin decided to distract himself by looking for a restaurant they could eat at. The silvette tried to find something better than a dango shop, since it was more of a snack food. While they continued to walk through town, Kakashi's eyes travelled back over to his partner, the longing feeling growing. Feeling flustered at his own feelings, he turned his head away. This caused Obito to look at him confusedly, and for the silvette to see a ramen shop. 

Seeing it made him feel nostalgic, remembering the good times with Team 7. "Obito," Kakashi started, grabbing the attention of the other, "Let's go there." The former jounin pointed at the shop and the masked man nodded. The two started walking towards said shop and walked inside when they got there. It seemed more like a restaurant than Ichiraku Ramen. They were seated at a table and Obito commented, "Seems a little fancy for a ramen shop, huh?" The silvette nodded and the dark haired man continued, "Maybe it's special ramen..." Kakashi chuckled, little moments like that reminded him of the old Obito. The.. Uncorrupted one. It was cute, in a way. Cute just as the uncorrupted Obito was. A waitress came and took the orders of the two, writing them down on her tiny notepad and then walking away. The masked man said, "This sure brings back memories." The former jounin smiled under his mask and replied with, "Many..." 

The two partners sat in a comfortable silence afterwards. Eventually, their orders were ready and they both began eating the ramen. It was almost as good as Ichiraku's (which is a high enough goal in of itself). The food did seem to attempt to be 'fancy', in a sense. Wondering about his reaction, Kakashi looked at Obito. He felt slightly disappointed remembering that his partner had a mask on so it was impossible to do so. The former jounin thought to himself, 

"I need to get my emotions on control...