Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⑤

☻No one's POV☻

Kakashi headed towards the village gates, double checking that no other shinobi was following him. Lady Hokage didn't specify what he was to do after completing the mission, so he assumed he was to leave the village. The jounin ran past the village guards who realized a little too late who he was. 

Back at the Hokage's Residence, Shikamaru and Choji were walking into Tsunade's office. The Fifth Hokage asked, "Is this about Kakashi?" The Nara nodded and added, "Yeah. We were a witness though and have more information." She looked up at them and responded, "Go on."

The two best friends explained what they saw for the second time today. The Senju sighed and nodded, "I have Anbu out searching for him." Shikamaru's mind wandered back to Naruto and said, "Naruto and Sakura are out looking for him to." He yawned lazily.

The Hokage sighed, "I would be surprised if they weren't." Choji and Shikamaru bowed and walked out of the office. Choji turned to his friend, "Should we help look?" The Nara shook his head, "The Anbu will take care of it." Snacking on some potato chips, the other nodded as they both made their way out of the Hokage's Residence.

~~

It had been a week or so since Kakashi became a missing-nin. The Anbu were unable to find the former jounin so far, same with the remainder of Team 7. Sai had also joined the search for Kakashi. A report was eventually made on the incident. Might Guy had been shocked by the news, as well as disturbed. No one had really expected this to happen. Some started to fear the former anbu rightfully so, and some suspected it was a misunderstanding. Everyone held their breath until the silvette was to be found. 

"The organization is losing too many members," Pein said to the other two. Well, technically three since Zetsu had two halves. Konan nodded along, "We need another replacement." The two childhood friends turned to Zetsu expectantly. The lighter part of the plant creature stated, "There is a new missing-nin from the Leaf." Pein raised an eyebrow and motioned for Zetsu to go on.

"His name is Kakashi Hatake the Copy Cat Ninja," the darker side of Zetsu said. The bluenette recognized the name, she had heard of him well enough. But from what she had heard, that man was loyal to his village. She asked the member(s), "What occurred?" The lighter side of the plant member elaborated, "A massacre of twenty innocents without reason, then leaving the village."

"In what way would he be useful to us?" Pein questioned. The darker side of the plant-like being explained, "He has a Sharingan that he used to copy over one thousand jutsus." Pein nodded thoughtfully, debating on whether or not to take action. He looked over to Konan, who was looking at the ground, presumably thinking. 

It was possible that this was a trap set by the Leaf village. Though, with many members dying off left and right, it's crucial to get another member. How were they supposed to be able to complete their objective if all of their members are dead? Pein and Konan seemed to come to a decision at the same time and glanced at each other, nodding. 

The Rinnegan user turned his eyes back to Zetsu and ordered, "Recruit him with Itachi and Kisame." History really was repeating itself, but hopefully it doesn't end the same way. The plant creature nodded and shrunk into the ground to fetch Kisame and Itachi. Konan spoke up, "It seems like just yesterday we were recruiting Deidara." Pein nodded to her as they sat in silence.

~~

Kakashi ate the dango silently. The former jounin was at a dango shop, which was a few days away from Konoha. He payed the shop owner for the food and began wandering around the forest once again. The silvette almost expected the three figures that appeared before him. It was Itachi Uchiha, Kisame Hoshigaki, and the one known only as Zetsu. 

The lighter side of the plant creature said, "We have come for your recruitment to the Akatsuki." Kakashi chuckled, "Isn't this a little sudden?" The silvette thought to himself, "They must have already found out. I guess the word is spreading fast." Little did he know, Zetsu just stole reports. The darker side of the plant man stated, "We are in need of members." The former jounin decided he wouldn't make this too easy, "Why is that my problem?" 

Itachi spoke up, "The Leaf village valued you as an asset. Shinobi will be sent to bring you back." Zetsu continued, "The Akatsuki will provide protection to you against them Just do some missions for us, and you're free to do whatever you want on your own time." Kakashi understood why they managed to get that many members, it wasn't a bad offer. But there was a problem with it. "That didn't stop half of your members from getting killed," he said. 

"They were reckless in their own right," the Uchiha responded. Kakashi stood his ground, "Still, if you want me to join willingly..." he lifted up his headband and continued, "Think again." Kisame and Itachi shared a knowing glance. The former jounin then realized he had looked into the Uchiha's eyes. It was very possible that he was already in a genjutsu. He sighed heavily as everything around him started to look like it was spinning and mumbled, "He got me.." 

Itachi was the only one the silvette could see clearly. He spoke clearly as well, "You lost." Kakashi narrowed his eyes at him in fake disgust. Kisame laughed and said, "Welcome to the Akatsuki, Copycat Ninja." The genjutsu was released and Kakashi released he was on the ground. He lifted himself up and Zetsu motioned towards his headband. The former jounin already knew what he meant and took it off, also taking out a kunai.

Slicing a line through the Leaf village symbol, Kakashi put the headband back on and over his left eye.  "There's no going back now," his mind told him. 

~~

It had been a few days since the Sharingan user had become a member. Several things about his appearance had changed. He was now wearing dark nail polish on his hands and feet, he was now wearing an Akatsuki cloak, and he was also wearing Deidara's ring. Today, he was supposed to meet his new partner; Tobi. 

He watched as the orange-masked man ran towards the meeting place. He stopped right in front of him and obnoxiously said, "So, you're my new partner?! Kakashi of the Sharingan?!" The former jounin nodded. 

"Hello, Tobi."