Perfect Date (Nalu)

I groaned as I pushed my forehead against my desk. I couldn't think of anything. I glared down at the sheet of paper in front of me, reading the same words I had been staring at for the past 3 hours.

Plan to go on a date with Natsu

Step 1:

Step 10: and they live happily ever after

Step 10 was sorted I was just having trouble with the other 9. I didn't know how to ask him on a date. Every single time I tried to speak to him over the past week I found myself stammering and bright red until I ran away. It was funny for Levy but way too embarrassing for me.

I put my head in my hands, trying to get some sort of idea of how to tell the idiot how I felt. Every time I looked at him, I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart beat faster and faster. If I found myself daydreaming about his lips on mine or spending the rest of my life with him.

Suddenly, I heard a noise come from behind me and I knew exactly who it was. I grabbed the sheet of paper in front of me and quickly rubbed out Natsu's name, replacing it with 'him'.

"Whatcha looking at Luce?" He said from behind me as I placed the pencil back down on the desk.

"Nothing," I sighed, leaning back in my chair as he picked the pages up. I knew he was going to go sticking his nose into my business so I didn't even try to stop him, letting him read the measly amount of words I had been working on for hours. I saw him scowl for a second, crumpling the pages slightly before he burst out laughing. I glared at him, taking the paper from his hands and smoothing it out on my desk.

He managed to stop laughing, wiping the tears from his eyes as I walked off to lie down on my bed.

"Where's Happy?" I asked, my voice muffled from the pillow I buried my head in.

"Still at the guild, he's trying to ask Carla on a date." He chuckled, spinning around on my chair looking really bored. I sighed, glancing up at the dummy that was staring up at my ceiling. His soft pink hair had grown out slightly, falling into his eyes while he spun. He looked really cute at that moment.

I tried racking my brains, thinking about my dilemma. If only I could ask him how he wants to be asked out.

Then it hit me. I could! That idiot was so thick he wouldn't know that I was planning our date.

"Natsu, can I ask you something? And you need to be completely honest with me."

He nodded slightly, still spinning. It's a wonder he's not getting motion sick.

I guess I spoke too soon. He turned pale, stopping immediately and standing up, flopping onto the bed next to me, "hit me."

I knew he was talking about the question but I found myself punching him in the arm. He barely moved. "Just ask your question."

"What's your idea of a perfect date?"

He sat up, looking slightly confused, "why?"

I tried to think of a lie to tell him. I couldn't pin it on Levy and Gajeel because that dolt managed to suck it up and confess to her and I couldn't use Gray and Juvia because last time that happened many people got the wrong idea and I will never be able to live that down.

"Ummm. I kinda like a guy." Dammit. I didn't mean to say that.

"Really? Who?"

"Can't tell you," I really regret doing this.

"Why not?"

"Because..... you'll just go up and tell them and I want it to be a surprise." Okay, you're not digging yourself in a hole here Lucy, you're doing surprisingly well. Not.