Another Surprise

Waking up to find my husband scrolling through instagram, I roll over and wrap myself around him.

"Well Good Morning babygirl." I gave a dramatic gasp at Ceese's greeting and let out a small chuckle.

"Well a Good Morning it is. When did I gain that nickname back from your spoiled daughters?"

"What? That's always been your nickname! I never gave it away!"

"Did too! You haven't called me babygirl since Bellatrix and Zain wrapped you around their little fingers." He rolled his eyes and started laughing. 

"You're right. I didn't think I'd be such a pushover of a dad, but man, all five kids know how to get what they want out of me." Now it was my turn to laugh. He was right. For example, the triplets each got a car last night. Nothing too fancy, used cars, as it is their first and we are sure there will be some bumps and bruises on them in a few months. However, the triplets got exactly the cars they wanted. Bellatrix got her 2015 Beetle, and the boys both got a 2016 Ford Mustang. In the colors they all wanted. Why? Because CC can't say no.

I can't be upset about it as the kids work hard on their grades, and they were adamant about working on their drivers licenses as soon as they were old enough. As long as they are responsible, I honestly cannot be upset with CC's choice to give in to them.

"How do you think they are doing this morning?" I asked CC as I looked back over to him.

"Well I stayed up with them for a while, in case they wanted to talk about things, but they honestly seemed fine. There was no anger, aside from Bella, no remorse. I mean, Nala, we raised them to understand life won't always be easy. I'm sure they are hurt, but I really don't think they will dwell on this. At least not Blayde & Blayze. They didn't really seem too interested in the girls anyway."

"How about Bella? Was she quiet last night?"

"No. She was still her talkative self. I do know they all had a little slumber party in the family room. She stayed to play the xbox with the boys. When I went back to check on them, they were all asleep under a few blankets."

I nodded. At least she wasn't falling all over this boy still. I could have punch him in his face, but that would have been child abuse. 

"Well, now that the triplets birthday is over, its time to plan for the twins."

"What were we thinking having all these kids two weeks apart?"

Yes, that's right folks. I gave birth to the triplets February 13, 2004. The twins were born February 26th of 2009. And right smack dab in the middle of all of that is my birthday, February 20th. At this point, I don't celebrate it. I think we spend enough money every year throwing the kids a party, and honestly, seeing my kids happy and healthy is enough of a celebration for me.

"The twins really seem to be into skateboarding at the moment. So I thought about having a skate ramp built in the back yard for the party. We could set up the tables and food under the gazebo so everyone who isn't skateboarding won't be in the way or in any danger."

"That seems like a great idea babe, but what if one of their friends get hurt?"

"Then we rush them to the hospital like we would if they were at an actual skate park."

"Yes, but we're at risk of being sued if they get hurt on our property, just like a park would be."

"True. Hmm, I'll have to come up with another idea. In the mean time, I'm going to go start breakfast." I rolled out of bed and slipped on my bunny slippers. "Anything you want specifically this morning?" I asked CC as I leaned over to kiss him.