10

face to face, seokmin and kino were both sat across each another in the café that they regularly visited together. their hands were intertwined, their eyes stared straight into the other's, yet they still felt distant. unlike regular days, their meeting felt awkward. they didn't joke around with one another. they didn't make small talk. they didn't smile at the sight of one another.

instead, they felt like absolute strangers.

"..seokmin, let me just get straight to the point." kino started, earning a slow nod from the latter. he took a deep breath once, before staring right back at the older.

"i think we should break up. right here. right now."

seokmin sighed, but couldn't say anything back. he knew it was coming, he really did. he was never truly able to give kino his whole heart, but he had somewhat grew attached to the younger's presence over time. seokmin was still confused about his feelings, but he was sure that kino was someone special to him. he wasn't sure if he wanted the younger to leave his side so soon, but he wanted to respect kino's decision. "if that's what you want, then i'll try to accept it. but may i ask you why? we were fine just yesterday.."

"i know it all, seokmin. all about jisoo and how you're not over him. how much he means to you, and how i'm sure i wouldn't be able to compare to him even by a little bit.. you might have liked me, but the only person you love wholeheartedly is jisoo." kino paused, biting his lips slightly to prevent spilling out the hot tears. "i love you, but i don't want to continue forcing you to be in a relationship you aren't commited to. it would not only hurt me, but it would hurt you too. so let's just end things here."

seokmin wanted to protest. he wanted to ask for time; a chance to let him love kino just as much and return the sincerity. but he knew that he couldn't make such selfish decisions. kino was already hurting enough because of him. there was no need to wait any longer and add on to the pain.

"i-i'm sorry.. i don't know what's wrong with me- why i can't move on. this is all because of me. i'm so sorry. you deserve better." apologized seokmin with his head down low in shame. kino shook his head, clutching seokmin's hand tighter. "you can't control your feelings when it comes to love, minnie. it's okay, it's not your fault. i'm not mad. i'll be okay.. within time."

even with kino repeatedly telling him it's not his fault, seokmin still refused to believe it. everything was not fine. his confusing feelings were the cause of it all. everything was going wrong because of him.

"i heard that he's coming here.. jisoo- i mean." kino mentioned, ignoring his aching heart everytime he had to say the american's name. he walked over to seokmin's side of the table and crouched down until his eyes met seokmin's sad ones. he ruffled the older's hair and forced a smile onto his face. "this is your chance. go get him, minnie. you love him, don't you? if so, you should tell him how you feel and never let go of him again. understood?"

seokmin stayed silent, causing a frown to make it's way up kino's face. "hey- don't let my efforts go to waste, alright? you hear me?"

"why are you doing this?"

kino gave him a look of confusion, urging him to continue. seokmin only sighed. "why are you going this far to help me? how are you so sure things would even work out? why are you still so nice to me even after what i did?"

the younger looked offended. he crossed his arms and gave him a disapproving look. "i've already told you. i love you, that's why. i love you so fucking much, and i want nothing but the best for you. i'm willing to give up on my love, so you can go and get back yours. your true love- which in this case is definitely not me."

seokmin was left speechless, as kino continued on. "..so please, at least make my efforts be worth the pain."