7

jeonghan's words has been lingering in his mind and repeating ever since. that one sentence struck jisoo hard like a bullet to his heart.

'they really miss you, angel.'

jisoo's initial plan of rejecting jeonghan's offer on the spot was long forgotten. he has yet to decide on whether or not he should agree to the offer and leave for korea with them, but he was surely thinking about the possibility of it happening.

jisoo wanted to see his friends and talk to them once more. he wanted to apologize to them, especially seokmin. he wanted the bitter feeling of loneliness that he had been going through to go away. he wanted to smile and make lasting memories alongside the people he loved most.

but there was still one thing stopping him.

his parents.

if jisoo ever decides to leave for a trip back to south korea, his parents would be hysterical and enraged the second they find out. he would undoubtedly be grounded for life- and most probably disowned by his own family too. there were simply too many things at risk, and jisoo wasn't sure if he wanted to take the risk.

but nonetheless, he had to make a decision.

jisoo was going to meet jeonghan and seungcheol in a nearby café in exactly twenty minutes to give them his final answer. in the span of less than half an hour, he had a shit ton of thinking to do.

if he agrees to go with them, he would finally be able to meet his friends again. he'd be able to apologize to everyone face to face and explain the reason behind his rash decision of moving back to the states. he'd also be able to attend the '96 liners' graduation and see the group as a whole again, before hopefully leaving on a good note.

but then again- jeonghan could've easily lied about them missing him. bluffing was the so called angel's hidden talent after all. what if he flew all the way back to seoul only to find out that his presence was unwanted? they might not forgive him or even want to see him. they may even despise him for all that he's done. if that happens, all the money, time, and effort jeonghan spent on him would be useless. jisoo would leave korea hurt and unhappy. all in all, the entire trip would be of no use. perhaps then it would be better not to have gone in the first place.

jisoo grunted, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists in frustration. the more he thinks about it, the harder it becomes for him to make a decision. at times like these, the only thing he could do was to follow his heart. it sounds like something straight out of a cringeworthy teen romance book, but it was all jisoo could think of at the moment.

and so following his heart's wishes it is.

jisoo sighed once he took a glance of the clock hung up on his plain white walls. he then stood up and lazily got ready to leave for the café. time sure does pass by quickly whenever you don't want it to.

the korean-american male left his apartment soon after, heading straight to his destination. jisoo took small strides to slow down the trip, but he still ended up in the café before he knew it. luckily, jeonghan was still nowhere in sight, perhaps not having arrived yet. jisoo quietly chose a seat near the windows and anxiously waited for the older to come.

eight minutes and a cup of tea later, jeonghan finally arrived with his boyfriend by his side. the blonde smiled, walking up to his lonesome friend sitting alone by the corner of the room. the two then took a seat right in front of jisoo, causing the male to become even more nervous than he originally was.

seungcheol seemed to have taken notice of this, judging by the sympathetic smile on his face. "we can order first and talk afterwards if you'd like." jeonghan raised an eyebrow at the older's sudden suggestion, but simply nodded along.

jisoo shook his head slowly, "it's alright- i'll just head straight to the point."

the couple turned stiff and quiet, but showed no signs of objection. jeonghan's eyes had a glint of hope in them, signalling his desperation for jisoo's agreement. the youngest took a deep breath before finally mustering up the courage to speak up and look straight into their eyes.

"let's go back to korea together."

jeonghan's eyes widened for a split second, a mixture of disbelief and joy evident on his face. "w-wait.. are you serious?" he asked.

jisoo nodded, "i mean it." he replied, finally smiling for the first time that day.

"it's settled then." seungcheol said. "we're all flying back to korea tommorow evening."