4

the shop's bell rang once seokmin stepped inside, signifying his arrival. the male smiled and greeted the staffs nearby. it has been way too long since he last stopped by this specific flower shop, his previous visit going all the way back in march of last year.

"seokmin! you're finally here again! i was convinced you were dead after not hearing from you for almost a whole year. how have you been doing? here for some flowers for your boyfriend?" asked hui, a shop staff seokmin has considered to be his friend. the younger nodded gleefully. "he's been working awfully hard this week and i just wanted to surprise him with some flowers."

young love. hui thought, smiling. "well come along then! i'll help you arrange a neat bouquet for him."

without much words, he quietly followed the older to a section filled with freshly picked flowers. there were many choices to select from, confusing seokmin as to which ones he should get. hui simply chuckled at his puzzled expression, quickly realizing the situation. "not sure which kinds of flowers he likes?" he asked, earning an earnest nod from the younger.

yanan, another shop staff nearby, whispered something into hui's ears, leaving a curious seokmin on the side. yanan quickly left the area once he finished talking and hui simply looked at seokmin's direction, a small smirk planted on his face. "let me do the flower picking and arranging while you stand still and wait. your bouquet will be ready in no time." he said, dragging seokmin to the front counter and forcing him to sit on one of the chairs. "no worries, ill be back in a minute!"

though confused, seokmin did as instructed and sat still, patiently waiting for the older to return. hui's strange behaviour made him even more curious as to what yanan could have possibly told him. perhaps the chinese male was familiar with kino and knew of his preference in flowers?

"here you go!" said hui, offering him the pretty bouquet he had finished arranging. seokmin smiled and thanked him for it. "ah- thank you. i'm sure he'll like it."

the latter nodded. "i really hope he does! yanan told me that chrysanthemums and baby's breath were jisoo's absolute favorites."

seokmin froze at the mention of him, only now realizing that both yanan and hui have yet to be informed of their breakup. "right.. well- i have to get going now. thanks for the help, hui. i know i can always rely on you." he said, waving and quickly making his way out of the shop.

seokmin hailed a cab and texted kino that he was on his way. he sat by the passenger seat while looking out the window in silence.

jisoo. hong jisoo. it's been a while since his name came across my mind. i wonder how he's doing now.. seokmin quietly thought to himself.

in no time, he arrived at his boyfriend's house. he paid the driver and walked up to kino's front door, not having to press the doorbell as the younger conveniently came out right before he was about to do so. "hi baby." seokmin greeted, melting once kino's smile widened and his eyes turned into crescent-shaped moons. the older offered the bouquet he had gotten him, and kino happily accepted it. the two shared a brief kiss before seokmin was welcomed inside.

kino's house was large, but it looked plain and quite empty. kino often mentions how lonely he feels whenever he's at home, thus why the male often visits seokmin or have seokmin come over. neither one really mind though, both having enjoyed each other's company.

a cup of tea drank halfway through sat on the table as the lion king plays on tv. seokmin took a seat on the couch, letting out a small grunt once his body hit the surface of the comfy furniture. "the flowers are really pretty." said kino as he moved them into a glass vase filled with water. seokmin looked his way and smiled. "glad you like 'em. i wasn't sure what your favorite flowers were, so i just went with whatever the staff recommended."

"ah- i should've known. i honestly thought you had a good taste in flowers." kino chuckled. "my favorites are marigolds and white roses, but i'm fine with any kind of flowers."

the younger skipped his way to seokmin, pecking the older's cheeks gently. "thank you." he whispered, happiness evident on his face. kino sat beside his boyfriend, legs crossed as he reached out to the table to grab his tea. he took a few small sips before setting the cup back down and resting his head on seokmin's shoulders. "i'm glad to call you my boyfriend. you really mean a lot to me, minnie."

seokmin watched him with fond eyes. "i could say the same for you, love."