6| Fumnanya

"What do you mean you are not going? This is VVIP Fum," Olamide cried in my ear as I proceeded to make my meal

"What do you mean you are not going? This is VVIP Fum," Olamide cried in my ear as I proceeded to make my meal. She was dressed in a body fitted green dress that stopped about a few inches before her knee. Her hair today was almost the same shade as her gown. She was one girl who had different shades of everything you could find physically on a person stacked in her house. According to her, it helped beat the trends. Laying too comfortably on my bed was Jennifer, also dressed for the occasion—the show I was suddenly given three tickets too by an anonymous donor.

Anonymous my foot, was all I thought every time my course mates gushed over how I had an anon. Does it count as that if the person was known? Olamide and Jennifer also knew too.

"I don't care. Its three tickets right? Give the last one to whoever. I have to study." Study had become a heavy word over the past few weeks for me. I majorly crammed my courses since I couldn't concentrate when I read. I knew my G.P was among the best in the department but of recent, I had failed three tests and a term paper.

Jennifer sat up on my bed, "Really? How are we supposed to show face when the person that was mainly invited does not follow us? Consider our reputation at least na, babe."

"Seriously, girl. If we enter there and Kiishiju notices that we came without you he may ask that we be thrown out. Haba, we are not that desperate." Apparently, I wanted to say out loud but kept my thoughts to myself.

I stirred the stew in the small pot I was using to make the food. There were two bunk beds in my room, which felt too occupied most of the time with two of my roommates having one person who bunked with them even when it was illegal. There was a section created for our cooking utensils to be kept and activities to be done. My bunk mate was out doing whatever, on the upper bed of the other bunk were the bed owners—Sharon and Jumoke—asleep or pretending to be. Since they were Year One students, they had fewer classes to take. The lower bed was empty.

"Do this for us please? We don't hangout like we used to." To be clear, I was always dragged by them to parties even when I did not want to go. At the last party they had taken me to I caught Derrick in the middle of a make-out session, after that they had let me be probably because they felt it was their fault I saw what I did.

"I'm too tired."

"It's just 4pm guy and you were on your bed all day." Jennifer spoke. " Okay, we promise that by 8pm we'll bring you back so you can study. We need you, you know."

I sighed and made myself face them. Some people should not try to make any puppy eye imitation because they end up looking like people with some form of terminal illness, at least that was what I thought when I looked at them.

"Fine," they both shouted with joy on their faces, which made my sleeping roommates jerk up in fright. I chuckled at the action. "But," they kept on jumping in happiness.