Chapter 20

AMELIA'S POV

I swear to God..., I am beyond annoyed..

Out of all people! Why him!!

And the way he talks is beyond annoying too..

Does he have an ulterior motive or what?! did he approach my Dad cause he wanted something..?

I mean...it's weird how he suddenly shows up and tries to date me..when we literally only met once..

And don't tell me that he might have stalked on me..?

"Amelia..Amelia" I heard his voice and he pinched my cheek

"Ouch!" I glared at him and he looked unfazed..

"Don't give me that look...you were zoning out.." he said..

And I sighed...should I ask him why the fuck he approached me..or should I lie that I have a boyfriend..?

"I know that you don't have a boyfriend" he said and deadpanned..

I gasped but I quickly covered it with a cough..

And he mockingly smiled at me..

What the fuck! He looked so intimidating before he smiled..?

He is literally mocking me! Why am I not offended?!

And I did what I thought I wouldn't do...cause I was kinda embarrassed to ask..?

Plus...I know that he is annoying but...I couldn't help it but feel a little attracted to him..

"Cut the bullshit and tell me why you approached me in the first place.., I am sure that you must have something that you want from me" I said..

He looked a little taken aback...

Wait wait! the last part sounded stupid-

I mentally face palmed..

"I have never seen someone be so straight forward and sound so dumb at the same time.." he said as he frowned..

I glared and replied with a sigh "I would appreciate it...if you answered my question.."

"What question..?" He said and I huffed..

He bit back a laugh but his face was kinda red..

"Amelia.." he said as he kinda looked at his coffee mug and turned it a little...

He moved up his gaze to meet my eyes as he continued.."I approached you because...you are my type.."

I wanted to believe that for some reason but my rational thoughts were determined to get an answer that made sense...

Putting aside the part where...he has been looking like a fucking snack this whole evening...

"How so..?" I replied with some wavering confidence and took a sip from my coffee..

And I looked back at him with an intense gaze..

His mouth curved up a little and there I saw...a genuine smile..

He looked ethereal when he smiled..

"This is how" I was taken aback by him speaking as he pointed at me..

I made a confused expression and he lifted his hands up in a defensive manner as he said.."alright...I am gonna explain.."

And I nodded at him to continue.."Amelia...you carry confidence on your shoulders so elegantly that it makes you stand out..and I find it.." he was at loss of words..