Chapter 3: Training

Asta was doing his physical training at the demon's bones with his grimoire on a rock nearby. he grunted as he finished, "998...999...1000!" Asta jumped up to stand and walked to his grimoire. his eyes started to sparkle, "Alright, now its time to try out my new magic." Asta had been training himself for a few days before preparing to use the magic that his parents had left him. He looked through the pages of his grimoire and found a spell that he found interesting, "Summoning creatures called Grimms, huh? That sounds super cool!!" Asta stood in a clearing and activated the spell. A dark circle appeared in the clearing a beast emerged from it. 

Asta stared at the creature that he just summoned before jumping in the air, "Alright

Asta stared at the creature that he just summoned before jumping in the air, "Alright. I did it!!!" The beast looked around and saw Asta. Asta smiled and waved, "Hi Grimm thing." The Grimm growled at him and began charging at him. Asta yelled and ran away from the rampaging beast. Asta kept running far away while thinking, "Holy shit, that thing is scary. If it gets me, it'll kill me. Wait, maybe it's just trying to help me train by having me run more." Asta turned and saw the beast growl while drooling, signaling that it want to eat Asta. Asta yelled even more, "No, it definitely wants to eat me. Damn, why the hell did my parents leave that spell with me? They must have been the devil...oh, right." Asta continued to run until there was a black light behind him. He turned to see that the Grimm was gone. Asta looked around to make sure that it wasn't hiding. Once he confirmed that it was gone, he fell down on the ground in exhaustion, "Damn. that was scary. Guess I'm not trying that for a while. Wonder why it disappeared." Asta stood back up and headed back to the church to rest, unaware that the reason the Grimm had disappeared was that he had run out of magic to keep it in the world. 

The next day, Asta went back to the bones. He decided to spend the day focusing on learning how to use and control his magic in order to avoid the incident from yesterday. He sat down and looked through his father's section of his grimoire, "There are only a few weapons in here. He said that he explored all sorts of dungeons and left his treasures in the scrolls, but there's only about two or three here. Guess I have to train my magic more in order to use the others that he left me. Well, better get started." Asta focused on trying to activate the spell and summon the weapon. Asta poured all the magic he had and focused it. After fifteen minutes, Asta yelled and threw his grimoire to the floor, "Why the hell won't it come out? I summoned that Grimm thing yesterday and it tried to kill me!! Why is this so much harder??!!!" Asta smashed his head in the ground before standing back up, "Not done yet!! I'll figure out some way to use these damn spells and join the Magic Knights in order to become the Wizard King!!! But first, some Moguro leaf juice to enhance my magic." Asta began drinking the disgusting juice and prepared to try again. Several hours passed and Asta was laying down on the floor, completely exhausted from trying to use his mana to summon one of the weapons. He had tried to summon each one that was available, but he was not even able to summon one. Asta groaned, "Damn. Better try again tomorrow. Or, I could ask Yuno to help." Asta thought for a moment before shaking his head, "Now way am I admitting defeat!! I'll beat you Yuno and become the Wizard King!!!" Asta ran to the church. Yuno was walking to the church when he heard Asta yelling. Yuno glared at him and began walking even faster and beat Asta to the church. Once Asta arrived, Yuno looked at him, "I win." Asta growled and walked inside. Father Orsi and Sister Lily were setting up the table for dinner. Asta and Yuno joined the rest of their siblings and began eating. As Asta was eating, he came to a realization, 'Oh, yeah. Father Orsi is really nice and knows how to use magic, even though he's old. I bet he can help me with my training.' After dinner was done, Asta helped Father Orsi to clean the plates. Asta took this opportunity to ask him, "Father Orsi, can you help me train with my magic tomorrow?" Father Orsi looked to Asta, "Oh, are you having trouble?" Asta chuckled, "Well, I can't use it properly, so I guess." Father Orsi said, "Very well. I can help you in the afternoon, once I am done with my morning duties." Asta jumped up in excitement, "All right!!!! Thank you!!!!!" 

Asta was fidgeting in the doorway nervously, waiting for Father Orsi to come out to help him. Nash walked by, "What are you doing?" Asta said, "I'm waiting for Father to help me with my magic training." Nash raised an eyebrow, "You're already fifteen and you can't even use your magic right? That's probably because you're too stupid to use it." Asta yelled at him, "Is that any way to speak to someone older than you and who's going to become the Wizard King?" Nash turned around, "Well, Yuno might join the Magic Knights, but you're a lost cause. You're way too stupid." Asta yelled again, "Don't call me stupid. I think about training all the time. That proves that I think." Nash ignored Asta as he walked away. After a few more minutes, Father Orsi arrived and took Asta to the back of the church. Father Orsi asked, "Now, what is it that you are having trouble with?" Asta explained, "I've been trying to summon this weapon from my grimoire, but I can't do it. I mean, I've tried using another spell, but it went bad. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I poured all my magic into the spell and tried to cast it, but nothing happened." Father Orsi explained, "You shouldn't stress so much. That makes it harder to cast spells. And you should only use as much magic to activate a spell as needed, or else you'll run out of mana and can't keep the spell going, even if you manage to cast it. Plus, since you're summoning something from your grimoire, it is probably more complicated than that. Try using a little bit of mana to activate the spell and increase the amount until you can feel the weapon coming out." Asta nodded in understanding and took out his grimoire. He tried to do as he was told with Father Orsi encouraging him. After a few minutes, Asta felt something. It was similar to the sensation that he got when he summoned the Grimm, but it felt more human than that. Asta's grimoire glowed brightly and a weapon came out from it. 

Asta's eyes sparkled in excitement, "Father Orsi, look!!! Look, look, look!!! I actually did it!!!" Father Orsi smiled, "I'm very proud of you Asta

Asta's eyes sparkled in excitement, "Father Orsi, look!!! Look, look, look!!! I actually did it!!!" Father Orsi smiled, "I'm very proud of you Asta." Just as he said that, the weapon returned to the grimoire. Asta began crying while Father Orsi scratched his cheek, "Guess now we need to work on how to keep the weapon out in the world."