Chapter 27

His jaw drops, ''Molly.'' Jaeden says with a huge grin across his face. "God, what did he do to you, baby.." He runs his hand along my jaw and puts both his hand on my face. Tears roll down his face and I jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist.

''I missed you so much.'' I say while hugging him.

''You have no idea how happy I am to see you,'' he says.

He puts me down and kisses my forehead. One last time, he smiles at me and then looks up. His face drops when he sees Calumn. He gives an awkward grin and Jaeden rubs the back of his neck.

''I'll let you two talk.'' I say and go upstairs. Jaeden turns around to look at me and they both mouth a, 'thankyou.'

I go upstairs, sit on the bed, and wait for them to finish talking.

Jaeden P.O.V
We both sit on my couch and instead of talking, we stare at the wall. It feels like we have never talked before. The thing is, that it's my fault. I never kept in touch like I said I would. After I moved into the foster family, they never let me contact any people from home. Don't get me wrong, they were nice, just strict.

I guess I should start a conversation.

''So....what have you been up to all these years?'' I ask him.

''Oh, not much, just typical work stuff.'' He says.

''I thought your father ran the business?''

''No, not anymore. I guess he just couldn't handle the stress and work of it anymore. So, he passed it down to me.''

''I guess having your own business line comes with some perks, huh?'' I say.

''Yeah, it's a lot of work, but the outcome is worth it.''

''But, that's not what I wanted to talk about.'' I say, he nods and looks at me.

''Why didn't you keep in touch?'' He asks with a sad expression.

''I don't know...I wanted to, I really did. The family I went with were nice, but they never let me have any device or any access to people I knew before I had moved in with them. Even though they were good to me most of the time, every time I would ask if I could visit you or when I was going to see you again....they would yell at me and lock me in my room, sometimes for days.''

''Damn, that's rough. I never would have thought of that.'' He said.

''Yeah, it was hard at first but I got over it eventually. Or so, I thought I did.'' I said.

''When you called, everything came rushing back. I hadn't forgotten you, but it just felt like we had never talked before. Like we were...'' he paused.

''Like we were strangers.'' I said quietly.

''Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.'' He says, I nod in response.

''You know, I wanted to keep in touch with you, I really did. You were my only friend.''

''Well, why dont we make up for lost times.'' He says.

''What do you mean?'' I ask.

''I mean, why don't we keep in touch from now on. I want to be a part of you and Mollys life.'' He says and smiles.

''I would like having you in our life.'' I say happily. His phone starts ringing. He apologizes and answers it.

''Hello?'' He says. ''You have got to be kidding me.'' He sighs and runs a hand over his face. ''Ok, I'll be right there.'' He groans in frustration and puts his phone down. ''I'm sorry, I've got to go. You know how work is sometimes.'' 

''Yeah, I understand. I'll see you around,'' I say and get up. We hug for a little while before he waves and leaves.

I go upstairs to check on Molly, when I walk into the room she is laying on the bed sleeping. I decide to get a shower and let her sleep. I pick out some clothes, including, sweatpants and a t-shirt. I go into the bathroom and start the shower.

****

When I step into the bedroom, Molly is still asleep. I smile and go to the other side of the bed and lay beside her. I pull her close to me and kiss her forehead. ''I love you, Molly, so much.''

She snuggles in closer to me and wraps her arms around my waist. ''I love you too, Jaeden, more than you will ever know.'' Her saying that makes me smile, and I wrap my arms around her.

Bliss, pure bliss is all I feel. She is all mine, for good this time and I am hers, forever.