Chap 1: Like Every Other Day

Author's note: Hey there :) so this story as you'll notice right away, is an AU (alternative universe) where Dan is actually the boss of the main protagonist. This is set five years ago, before the creation of the band. I don't want to say more so I don't spoil you :P this is my first fanfiction about real people so :P Hope you'll enjoy! XxX ~Hell-Later-On

********************

It was a normal day, just like every other one before. Except one tiny little thing that was different from usual that would then change my whole life.

I didn't know then, that when he walked through the doors, greeting me, like every other day, that my normal peaceful life would be thrown upside down.

"Good morning, Nora!" Mr. Smith, my boss called out to me as he passed by my office before he went to his', adjacent of mine.

He always called me by my first name, I had worked for him for about a year and a half now. We were comfortable around each other, great friends actually, but sometimes a Mr. Smith would escape from my mouth. He wanted me to call him Dan, not Daniel, nor Mr. Smith, but it felt weird to call a superior by his first name.

I heard him settle his things down before he came back to see me. When I saw from the corner of my eyes the shape of his body, arms crossed, leaning against my doorframe, I lifted my eyes up from my laptop.

He smiled at me and that's when I noticed something different about his face.

That morning, after he had been gone for nearly a week to visit Durban, the hometown of his parents, his hair was cut differently and he hadn't probably shaved in days. He looked somehow wholly different. He oozed another sort of feeling. He, who was always sort of shy and introverted, was unusually outgoing this day. He smiled brightly, showing his teeth which he did rarely because of that one crooked front tooth that he thought ruined his smile- but quite frankly I thought he still looked incredibely attractive, with or without-. His black hair, who usually was just a mess of hair pointing towards the sky, seemed now more neat, still messy on top but shorter on the sides. A dark scruff had grown on his cheeks, crawling upon his skin to reach the outskirts of his jaw and his high cheekbones. It made his crystal blue eyes pop out even more than they usually did.

My eyes met his beautiful ones and I resisted the urge to bite my lip.

"Did you ever left this office during the whole time I was gone?" He asked, walking in, hands in the pockets of his black suit pants.

I gave him a guilty look and he laughed of his really adorable laugh. He was quite dorky to be honest.

"There was stuff to be done!" I tried to argue back.

He just laughed again, hanging his head down as he did so. I watched as dimples dug down into his cheeks right besides and a little above the corners of his mouth.

"Oh, Virgin Records called last night." I said. "They want you to check out some band that I can't remember the name." I explained and he nodded.

Daniel was what you could call a talent recruiter, companies would call him and ask him to find them some new artists. Or he would simply take the artists and propose them to label records if he thought they really needed to be signed.

It wasn't really like an agent, that would follow one artist throughout their career and such. No Daniel was merely just a link, a bridge from the underground to the main stage.

"Can you call them for me then transfer it to my office in like a couple minutes please?" He asked.

"Sure thing." I answered and he thanked me before leaving my office.