five

two weeks later

Harry Styles

Elle and I have been talking every day, nonstop. These past weeks have been such a blur that I don't even know what I've done these past two weeks except talking to her. 

We talk about everything. It always seems like we've talked about everything until we talk about something else. I face-timed her for the first time yesterday night. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It was so much better. We could just talk for hours on end. We talk about our past, the present, and the future. It was currently Thursday night and I had planned a surprise picnic for tomorrow but haven't told her yet. I pulled out my phone to call her. She immediately picked up. 

"Hey what's up!" her voice rang from the other side.  

"Hey! I actually have a surprise for you tomorrow. Meet me at my house at 6"

"You're house?" she said, clearly shocked "That was QUICK" she laughed. 

"Oh shut up. Not like that!" I joked "I'll send u my address"

"Okay then I guess I'll see you at 6"

We said our goodbyes and hung up. 

I smiled as I lay in bed. It was almost midnight. I knew she had a long day today so I didn't bother to face time her. Plus, for the past few nights, we've been staying up till 2 am talking. She needed her beauty rest- not that she wasn't already pretty. I cringed at my inner monologue. 

I opened my laptop and considered typing in the name of her youtube channel. Did I want to? Would it be weird? Did she look me up? If she did, it would technically be the same. I closed out the tab and decided not to. 

A ping sounded from my phone. 

E: wanna ft? 

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I read the text. So she did want to face time. I called her and she picked up immediately. She was wearing a tank top and sweatpants laying in bed. She turned over on her side. 

"Hey," she said

"Hey"

"Wanna tell me what the surprise is?"

"Hahaha nope."

"Fine," she said and pretended to act mad. "At least give me a hint so I know what to wear"

"Wear something comfortable"

"Hey, uh is it okay if I vlog. It's totally fine if you don't feel comfortable with that kind of stuff. Vlogging is personal and once I vlog you're gonna be out there"

I hesitated. Did I want her to vlog? I've never been the type to post on social media very much and especially not a vlog. People would see ME. Not the social media version. It wasn't that they were different, it was that the me was more relaxed and laid back and my social media personality was more uptight.

Maybe it was time people saw this side of me, plus Elle's makes it look really fun. If paparazzi found out about me and her, they would automatically assume we were dating- we were not. But again, it could help grow her channel, and I knew she was struggling. 

"Harry?" she said after a few moments of silence. 

"Yeah. That would be fun"

"Really!" she exclaimed 

"Really"