twenty-six

Elle Stanford

I turned around and saw Harry laying next to me. The sun was barely peeking through the curtains. It was probably eight in the morning- I wouldn't normally wake up this early but the excitement of today kept me awake.

It was Valentine's Day.

Last Valentine's day was spent with my girlfriends and although it was after I had met Harry, we barely knew each other.

I didn't want to wake him up so I quietly slipped out of bed and into the hallway. I could see that Timothee's door was open. He's probably awake. I tiptoed to his room and pushed the door further open. He was sitting on the edge of his bed, shirtless, water dripping from his hair. He looked up at me.

"Oh hey Elle" he said happily.

"Someone got an early start to their day," I said.

"Yeah" he mumbled. "I have to get some things done before my date-" he stopped abruptly.

Was he still with that girl he mentioned at Nobu? I'm sure Harry would know.

"A date..." I said, giving him a surprised look.

"Trust me," he said, "I'm surprised too"

I gave a little laugh. "Do you and Harry have anything planned?" he questioned.

"Harry does. He won't tell me what it is though" I groaned.

"I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be great," he smiled. I moved to the bench in front of his bed.

"Oh!" I remembered, "I have to pick up Harry's gift later"

"Where from?"

"Rodeo"

"Wait actually?" he raised an eyebrow. " I'm headed there right now. We can go together"

"Sure!" I said. I was happy for the offer. It was a while since Timothee and I had last hung out.

"I'm leaving in about an hour so meet me downstairs then" he said, grabbing a towel to dry his hair.

I skipped out of his room and into mine. I was pretty stoked to hang out with Timothee- probably more than I should be. It was just that I barely saw him around the house anymore and he was still my best friend.

It was February so it was slightly cold outside. I threw on a cropped tank top and a pair of sweatpants. I hope we don't get papped.

I quickly grabbed my purse and walked to Harry's room. I peeked into his room- he was still sleeping. I gently shook him.

"H" I whispered. He groaned in response

"Timmy and I are going to-" I almost said where we were going. I hated lying so I thought of an alternative truth. "We're going to run some errands but I'll be back"

"Just be home by 5" he mumbled and as quickly as he had woken up, he was asleep. I kissed his cheek and headed out the door.

Timothee was already in the range rover and I joined him in the passenger's seat.

"Did you eat anything?" Timothee asked, as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Not yet."

"We can stop by and get coffee," he suggested.

"Sounds good to me" I approved.

Music played quietly from the radio.

"You never told me who your Valentine was," I said, breaking the silence.