twenty-eight

Elle Stanford

Weeks had passed by and before I knew it, our flight to New York was in a few days. We would have to make two trips: one for the fitting and one for the actual MET gala.

Yesterday night was frantic as I hurried to last-minute pack everything. We were only staying for a few days but I somehow managed to fill up a whole suitcase and a duffel bag.

Harry gave me a look, as he pulled the bags out of the Uber and into the airport, that said Do you really need this much stuff? I just smiled and shrugged, ignoring his obvious question.

"I'm going to start getting in line for our boarding passes," Timothee said and walked through the doors.

I wanted patiently for Harry to grab the rest of the bags.

"Hey!" I whined. "You have the same amount of bags as me!"

He just smirked.

Inside, Timothee handed us both our passes and we headed towards our gate. Our flight was the red eye out and tiredness was starting to hit me. I yawned as we walked through the terminal. Harry noticed and duly placed his arm around my shoulder so that we were now walking together.

"You're going to be okay" Harry said, noticing my nervousness.

Both Harry and Timothee knew I had a bad experience with flying.

"I-I know" I stuttered.

Timothee gave me a worried look but I shrugged it off.

The last time the three of us were on a plane, I had sat next to Timothee. And I was still deciding between them. That was over four months ago but seemed like a lifetime ago.

Harry helped place my duffel bag in the overhead compartment while I slid into my seat by the window. I looked over at Harry sitting next to me.

"Do you remember the last time we flew?" I asked him.

"I most definitely remember" he chuckled.

I gave him a confused look.

"You mean when you chose to sit next to Timothee instead of me" he pretended to sound hurt.

"Is that jealousy I hear?" I exaggerated, joking along with him.

I shifted in my chair so that I was now laying on his lap.

"I remember being really sad about that," He said more seriously. He was looking up, as if trying to remember what he was feeling that day. "I thought you were always going to choose T"

I pressed my lips together. What was I supposed to say?

"Well..." I started "you have my now. I'm all yours-"

"-and I'm all yours" he finished

He looked down at me, smiling back. He leaned and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I love you" he mumbled.

"I love you too"

"Ma'am you need to be sitting up"

Harry immediately pulled away and I saw a flight attendant glaring down at me.

"Oh- I'm sorry" I apologized.

"No worries. We're just about to take off- that's all" she explained.

I readjusted my seatbelt so that it was now over my lap. It was almost 1:00AM and it was a long flight to New York. Once we arrive, it would be 9:00AM and we would be headed straight to the fitting.