F is for Forgiving

Angst
...

Sasuke knew what he was about to do was wrong. But he needed to leave. To start a new life. It won't be the best life. It will only seem to be consumed by rage, vengeance and pain. But he needed vengeance. So he left. Leaving Naruto behind, knowing that someday, that choice will come back to hurt him. But not as much as he knew he hurt Naruto. He hurt himself by leaving. His heart ached every day. Every week. Every month. And every year he was away from Naruto's fair skin, ocean eyes, blonde locks, and plump pink lips.

Just thinking about him would cause a reaction. But the blonde wasn't there to fix that reaction. But that is the raven's fault.

Finally, after being away, he had come back. Mainly because the pain of being away was unbearable.

"Sasuke's here?" He heard throughout the crowd. They were all pretty shocked to see the rogue shinobi.

Many people were angry he was back however. He knew that would happen. Especially after threatening to destroy the village. Some were grateful, but for more of a romantic reason.

He didn't care though. He only came back for one reason.

He went up the stairs of the apartment and knocked on the door, hoping he would answer it. But he didn't. He then walked to the training grounds and there he was. Sitting under a tree with Kiba, Neji, Sakura, TenTen and Gaara. It was nice to see he had acquired friends, but he couldn't help but feel anxious. But he had no right to. After all, he did leave him. He walked towards the group scared, but he didn't show it. Sasuke made eye contact with them all and smiled.

"Sasuke!" Sakura and Kiba cheered. Everyone else seemed skeptical.

"What are you doing back?" Neji frowned.

"Yeah, why are you back all of the sudden?" TenTen asks, folding her arms. Sasuke sighed and looked down, his eyes trailing the ground to see Naruto. He looked down and saw Naruto's hand entangled with another, he followed the other hand to Neji's body. His body filled with jealousy as he held back his anger.

Naruto said nothing as his blue pierced into Sasuke's face. Sasuke couldn't keep his eyes off of him as he was filled with thoughts concerning Neji and Naruto being together.

"N-naruto..." Sasuke stutters. Naruto stood. His hand still holding Neji's.

He walked to Sasuke, his face ice cold as he stood in front of him. Sasuke felt his heart beat faster and he felt as though Kiba could hear it.

"Na-"

*smack*

Sasuke held his cheek in pain as his eyes roamed around only to see Naruto walking away towards his home, hand still in Neji's. Sasuke looked down sadly. He should have expected that.

He did Naruto wrong.

"It's okay Sasuke. He'll come around. But let's show you all the new stuff they did with the village!"

"Yeah, okay." Sasuke mumbles rubbing his cheek, still looking at Naruto and Neji.
...

He knew it was going to take some time for Naruto to forgive him for leaving him but he didn't think it would take this long. It's been 6 weeks since Sasuke has been back. And everytime he tries to hang out with everyone, Naruto isn't there, and he feels like there's nothing he can do.

He's going to the river with the crew tomorrow and is praying Naruto will be there. If not, then he figured that he'd leave again if Naruto wishes for him to. But if it was up to him, he'd stay for years in order to get Naruto's attention.