A is for Amazing

Angst
》》》

Naruto couldn't stop thinking about the past. His parents. All of his friends. Neji is dead. He broke a promise. He let a comrade die. And he let down so many people. He was living up to an expectation that he wanted others to see. But now they'll think he's a failure. His parents are gone. Sasuke is gone. He hasn't returned. He promised that he'd bring the raven back. And he thought he did. But sadly enough, Sasuke left. Team 7 isn't Team 7 anymore. The emotion Naruto would get at the mention of team 7 isn't the same. His emotion is gone all the way. His grin is nothing but a hollow pathway to his soul. Also hollow. His happiness no longer contagious.

That's why Tsunade needed to fix the blonde quick. Although she still didn't fully trust the raven- as no one else did but the blonde- she had a feeling that this would get worse if something wasn't done.

...

"Hello, Lady Tsunade." The raven entered the office with a bow. She rose an eyebrow.

"No formalities, Sasuke. This is about Naruto." Tsunade says. Sasuke instantly payed attention.

"What's wrong with him?" Sasuke questions. Tsunade sighs.

"We know his whereabouts. But he's been at his home for 2 months. Hasn't been seen out. Isn't socializing. Letting no one in his home. I don't know if he's still alive."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Make sure that he's alive. And if he is, take care of him. I beg you." Kakashi intrudes. Sasuke nods and shushins away. He had gotten worried. The blonde clearly wasn't himself. And he was gonna take care of the blonde, and open his eyes to who he is. The right way.

It's currently 6 in the morning. Naruto is up and awake. But he's still in bed. Tangled in his sheets. Naruto heard a knock. But he didn't dare answer it. Probably another ninja attempting to get him out of the house. Naruto understands that he's been in his house for a long time. But he didn't think he was this important. He jolted up when he heard the familiar, beautiful voice he had been waiting for. But he's isn't waiting anymore. His despair took over his whole body about a month ago.

"Come on, dobe. Open the door."

Naruto sighed and stumbled to the door. His muscles were tight from staying in bed all day. His walking style now slumped and messy. He surprisingly made it to the door. He opened it slowly. He looked up and leaned against the doorframe.

"Wow, you look bad." Naruto said as he eyed Sasuke now long hair.

"Oh, you've got the nerve." Sasuke chuckles. He walks in and smiles.

"Smells like ramen." Sasuke chuckles.

"Does it?"

"At least I know you're eating." Sasuke says. Naruto looks down. Did he really worry this many people?

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asks.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Okay see you later." Naruto says pushing Sasuke out the door. But his now weak- but not skinny -frame didn't do much.

"Naruto, tell me." Sasuke says softly as he brings a hand to the blonde's neck. Naruto looks away, and brings an arm to his eyes. Leaving it there. Sasuke takes the hand that was on Naruto neck and gently moves the blonde's arm away from his eyes.

Let me see those gorgeous eyes

"There we go, now tell me." Sasuke whispers.

"I let everyone down." Naruto cries softly. Sasuke frowns.

"Why do you think that?"

"I didn't bring you back to the Leaf. I broke Sakura's promise. I let Neji die. I broke my promise to him, me and everyone. I'm a failure!" Naruto shouts angrily as tears run down his cheeks aggressively. No mercy in it. Sasuke looks at him. The blonde is breaking himself apart from the inside out. And Sasuke is witnessing it. He needs to help the breaking blonde.

Sasuke wraps his arm around Naruto and takes him to the couch. Naruto gasps when he feels lips against his cheek. Pressed against the tears falling down his cheeks. He was so surprised, he stopped crying. Then got more shocked when Sasuke grabbed his chin softly.

"You did bring me back to the Leaf. My heart is here. You." Sasuke blushes. Naruto gulps. And blushes as well.

"So I didn't break my promise?"

"Nope. And you may have seen a friend die. But you barely let him die. He sacrificed himself to save you and Hinata, because he believed in you. And loved Hinata. He still does." Sasuke says. I looks away.

"But it feels weird. Knowing not everyone is here." Naruto says sadly. Sasuke caresses the blonde's cheek.

"I know it is. But he is still here. Still believing in you. You'll feel it. Well, when you need it." Sasuke smiles. Naruto nods and smiles. Sasuke scolds the blonde.

"A real smile." The raven demands. Naruto smiles harder, but it was a lot more forced.

"Okay.." Sasuke smirks evilly. He starts to tickle the blonde. His spot being around his waist and neck. His laugh was the most beautiful thing to Sasuke. Along with it being very contagious. Once the raven was satisfied, he softly pecked Naruto's lips.

"I'm not leaving again because I'm in love with you, Naruto Uzumaki. Curse you, dobe." Sasuke says. Naruto giggles.

"Curse you too, teme." Naruto says smiling. He pecks the raven's lips. Sasuke chuckles.

"Naruto, you are amazing."