⇿ 27 ⇿

"Binie?"

Soobin glanced up from his phone at the sound of his lover's voice, standing up from his seat on a park bench and instantly engulfing the brunette into a hug.

"I was so worried about you" he sighed, even though to say he was worried was an understatement. It had been at least half an hour since the time they said they were gonna meet, he was this close to calling the police-

"Oh" was all Yeonjun said, casting his head to the side almost as if he was avoiding the older's gaze.

Soobin felt his heart swell at how out of it the prince looked from the way he was frowning and constantly staring at the ground. Not to mention his hair that was disheveled like he had been running his hands through it, and his lips that were red and bitten. He wondered if it was okay to ask what had happened with Kai, but before he could even open his mouth to speak, Yeonjun had grabbed his arm and tugged on it lightly.

"How did the interview go?" He asked with a smile, but it wasn't genuine and Soobin could tell because his eyes weren't shining like they usually did when he smiled.

"It went good" Soobin mumbled, way too focused on what the hell Kai could've done to Yeonjun to make him act this way.

"So you got in?"

"...Yeah."

There was a thick tension between the couple as Soobin intertwined their fingers, the two beginning to walk into the direction of the apartment shortly afterwards.

"Did you tell him about me?" He broke the silence, not having to say the name for Yeonjun to begin to answer.

"It never came up, what do I even say?" The brunette frowned, looking at the floor once again. "W-we're not even boyfriends-"

"Yet" Soobin halted his steps simply to tilt Yeonjun's chin with his thumb and index finger, sick of the younger not looking at him.

Yeonjun blushed profusely and pushed the older away from him, it immediately causing Soobin's heart to flutter because the prince always looked adorable when he was flustered.

"Wh-when are you starting work then?" Yeonjun attempted to change the subject and even though he didn't want to, Soobin let it slide.

"They said I can start on Monday, since I'm qualified from knight training and stuff" he explained, the couple continuing to walk as they did so because this journey was taking way longer than it was meant to.

Yeonjun smirked, "maybe you'll finally gain muscles."

"What do you mean? I already have-"

"Lying's a sin, Binie." Yeonjun shook his head lightly.

"Do you wanna go?" Soobin tried to joke, but the younger's face soon rid of all playfulness and his eyes began to glint with mischief.

"Only to put you in your place."

"I'm sorry, I took self defence classes as a child. I should've warned you" Yeonjun apologised for the nth time, the saddest pout on his lips as he glanced at Soobin with nothing but concern laced in his eyes.

"It's fine, I just can't believe I lost to you." Soobin frowned, pressing the bag of frozen peas Yeonjun had given to him a few seconds ago to his bruised cheek. As he did so, he winced at the slight sting and he felt even more pathetic than he already did. He was meant to be a knight, a protector. Yet he can't even win in a fight against someone as squishy as Choi Yeonjun?

"I'm still really sorry though" the prince practically threw himself into Soobin's arms, as to which the raven wrapped his arms around the younger's small frame.

"Stop apologising" Soobin flicked Yeonjun's forehead, "I said it's fine."

Yeonjun clutched his head, and looked up at the older with sad eyes. Soobin, at first, thought the prince was simply pretending to be hurt, but then his eyes started filling with tears and suddenly the raven felt confused.

"Did I hit you too hard?" He asked, worry evident in his tone as he quickly soothed the younger's forehead.

"N-no, it's just- I'm so sorry" Yeonjun practically sobbed, and by now Soobin was sure the younger was possessed or something because why did he keep apologising?

"But I said it's fine-"

"No. Binie, you don't get it, nothing's fine." Yeonjun pushed himself off of Soobin's lap, wiping his tears only for more to fall seemingly uncontrollably.

⇿ "I-I cheated on you, Soobin." ⇿

off topic but i finally took the mbti test today so im curious, what is your mbti? mine is intp-t (logician)