Harry Potter And The Silver Doe (Part Forty)

"Ginny?" Harry said quietly, his fingers stilling on her hair as she lay idly on his chest. "You awake love?" Ginny looked up at him, her eyes bright and forgiving. 

"Yeah, I'm awake. What is it?" 

"Out the window, can you see it?" Harry grinned, twisting his body so she can look straight out of the window. Nestled in between two of the nearing hills was Hogwarts, you could just pick out the top of the astronomy tower. The sky was dark, the train had been snaking it's way through the country for hours and Harry saw lightning flashing between the black clouds. Rain pattered on the roof of the train and for the first time since the journey had begun, Harry stood up. "Come on, we'd better get into robes." He said, without thinking and Ginny laughed, her voice melodic. "What?"

"You know we're teachers now, we don't need to wear robes?" She said and he thought about it for a moment.

"Then what do we wear? We can't sit at the feast wearing these?" He looked down at his jeans and thin t-shirt. Ginny stood up beside him and stepped close, entwining her fingers with his. 

"I think this is exactly what we're supposed to wear Harry." Her long hair draped over one shoulder and she wore a navy blue polo shirt with jeans. "A new era, you know, a new start." She said and he smiled. He sat down pulling her onto his lap.

"I like the sound of that." He smiled and kissed her quickly as the train shuddered to a halt.

                  "Ron?" The tall boy ahead strode further away from Ginny and Harry, not looking round to see who was calling his name "RON!" Harry bellowed and a lot of people turned around to see who was shouting but Ron just sped up.

"Leave him Harry, he's not worth the effort." Ginny said, squeezing his hand warmly as she watched Professor Slughorn turn away down a path to the right she had never noticed before. She assumed this was the way the Professors got to the school before the students and tried to pull Harry down the path with her. "Harry, it's this way." She insisted and he turned to face her.

"What are you on about Ginny?" He smiled lightly, humouring her.

"This way. This is where Slughorn went." She said, rolling her eyes at him. "Come on." She pulled on his hand but he stayed where he was.

"No, Ginny, Trelawney and Hagrid, and McGonagall are still up ahead. That won't take us to the school." Harry insisted, pointing at the heads of the Professor's in front of them. Ginny looked back down the little path and saw Slughorn turn left along a fork, disappearing with a swirl of robes. 

"Then why has Slughorn gone that way? We should follow him." Ginny tried to step in that direction but Harry held on to her. 

"Ginny, we have to get to the feast. Normally I would say follow him, you know I would, but we can't. I promise we'll explore it later tonight if you want, but not now." Harry placed a hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes. "Please Ginny, Not now." Ginny sighed in defeat and the pair of them hurried after the crowds, Harry wrapping Ginny tightly in his arms.