Harry Potter And The Silver Doe (Part Sixteen)

Harry's heart melted with Ginny's words, his eyes blurring with tears and he pulled her tighter.

"Ginny Weasley, what would I do without you?" He smiled and she looked up at him cheekily.

"Well, you'd probably be off snogging Cho Chang!" She grinned cheekily and Ron let out a startled burst of laughter, falling out of Hermione's hold as they danced.

"Well said little sis!" He said through fits of laughter and Hermione tried to smother a giggle. Harry shook his head at her and she grinned up at him.

"I'm glad you have me anyway, I never liked Cho."

"Hmm... I might consider forgiving you." Harry deliberated, loosening his grip on her. She smiled and stood on her tiptoes, kissing his lips passionately. Harry forgot his mock outrage and kissed her back, his hands on the small of her back, hers hooked around the back of his neck.

"Ahem" Ron cleared his throat and the pair jumped apart, remembering they had company "Really Harry. That is my sister you're groping mate, I don't really appreciate all the displays of affection!" An expression of pure disgust washed over Harry's face and Ginny laughed. Harry saw a mischevious glint in her eyes as she once again pressed her lips to his, harder and more forcefully than before. He kissed her back, both of them smilling while their lips moved together. Finally, they parted, with equally sickly sweet smiles in Ron's direction; Ron, who had dramatically covered his eyes with both hands, as though a toddler playing peekaboo. Hermione had fallen on the chair and was holding her stomach as she roared with laughter at the three of them.

"So am I forgiven?" Ginny asked innocently, looking up into Harry'seyes withan angelic expression. Harry sighed, knowing there was no way he could possibly have won.

"Of course you are!" He said, hugging her tightly. Ron sat down next to Hermione, who was still laughing and Harry and Ginny retreated back to their armchair, although sitting more properly than before. Hermione gasped, her face red and her eyes streaming with tears of laughter.

"I'm glad you find it funny." Ron remarked grumpily, making Hermione laugh again.

"Oh come on! Lighten up. I think we all need some laughter in our lives after the years we've had." She smiled, her face glowingand Ron's face brightened as their lips met briefly. Ginny and Harry both looked away pointedly, whistling loudly as Ron glared daggers at them. Suddenly, amidst the laughter and playfulness of the evening, the portrait burst open and in walked a tearful Angelina Johnson.

"Angelina? What's wrong?" Harry jumped up and he and Ginny made to comfort the crying woman. She sniffed loudly and began to explain:

"It's...it's Fred and George. They've always been really good friends of mine and I loved them both, like really loved them. I never told them because I couldn't pick, but now there's only George and he told me he loves me and needs me but am I betraying Fred? I do love George, but both of us miss Fred so much. I don't know what to do!" She sobbed into Harry's shoulder, while the other three took various positions around to comfort her.

"Angelina, If you love George and George needs you, you should go to him. Grieve Fred together and tell him about all of it. I think Fred would just want to see his brother and his best friends happy." Harry said quietly, rubbing Angelina's back as her crying began to cease.

"Just calm down, take it easy and I think Harry's right, you need to be with George right now." Ginny soothed. Hermione rifled through her small beaded bag that had been with her, Harry and Ron throughout their Horcrux hunt. She pulled out a pack of tissues and handed them to Angelina with a tentative smile.

"It'll all be okay you know." She said as Angelina thanked her. Ron on the other hand, looked bewildered and stood back a little from the tearful girl. Angelina wiped her eyes and looked up at them all gratefully.

"Thankyou, I just...It's just really shocking, you know. He was so young, so good. He didn't deserve it..." She sniffed and they all murmured their agreement.

"None of them did." Harry amended.

"But thankyou all. I'm gonna go find George, he should know the truth. Do I look alright?" She asked, looking round the group. Harry and Ron looked at their respective partners to answer and the three girls laughed.

"You look beautiful Angelina." Ginny said with a smile.

"You girls have done well. They're pretty much wrapped around your little fingers' aren't they?" Angelina smirked and both Hermione and Ginny nodded enthusiastically.

"Pretty much." They said in unison.

"Well... wish me luck?" She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear as she got to her feet.

"You don't need luck, just be yourself and tell the truth. And smile." Harry hugged her briefly before she disapparated with a loud crack.

"Wow, are we really that pathetic Harry mate?" Ron asked and the girls looked mischevious.

"I think we genuinely are, I'm ashamed!" Harry shook his head, "Although, we can always do something spontaneous..." Harry suggested with a wink at Ron

"Such as?!" Ginny demanded and Harry and Ron remained still. "What?" Ginny whined, looking worriedly at Hermione. At once, Ron and Harry ducked down and picked up their girlfriends, slinging them backwards over their shoulders' in a firemans lift.

"Such as this sis!" Ron chuckled as Hermione and Ginny squealed while beating the backs of Harry and Ron.

"Am I 'under the thumb?" Harry whispered to Ginny, who nodded vigourously.

"Of course!" She grinned and Harry let her legs slip a tiny bit, jolting her forwards.

"Are you sure? I guess you don't want to be put down then!" Harry teased and Ginny sighed.

"Okay, okay. I give in, you are not under the thumb. You are completely equal in this relationship." Ginny said in a falsely sincere voice but Harry dropped her anyway, tipping her backwards onto a sofa. She grabbed him round the knees and pulled him down, landing on top of her and they lay sprawled in a heap, laughing at Hermione who had not given up so easily and was now being held upside-down by the ankles by Ron...