Harry Potter And The Silver Doe (Part Thirty-One)

Ginny gasped, her hand clapping to her mouth and she stared at Harry in shock. She shook her head slightly, as though to try and comprehend his words. 

"You're serious?" She whispered, a complex tone in her words that he couldn't quite work out.

"I've never cared so much about anything in my life; never more serious." Harry assured her, burning his gaze deep into hers with silent passion. Ginny still sat in silence, staring deep into Harry's eyes but giving nothing away. He waited in agony but finally her silence became too much, tears welled in his eyes as he realised they must want different things. What would he do without Ginny?

"Ginny, love, please can you answer? Tell me you don't want to, or tell me that you need time. Don't just leave me here in this silence, I cannot stand it." Harry sniffed quietly and looked away from her, unable to watch her lips as they formed the simple words that would break him irreparably. 

"Harry, I don't need more time. I know my answer but I...don't know what to say." She paused again and Harry felt the muscles in his back tense almost painfully in anticipation. "I love you Harry, how could you ever think I would refuse you when you asked me to marry you?"

"So thats a yes." Harry said, jumping  to his feet excitedly.

"Yes" Ginny laughed and Harry picked her up and spun her around in his arms "Yes, a thousand times yes Harry. I couldn't imagine a life without you, you silly man. I love you." They both had tears streaming down their cheeks as they kissed, with far more love and tenderness than ever before. Eventually Harry let her go but claimed her left hand for his own. 

"I've been preparing for this for a while now." Harry grinned, sinking down so he was on one knee with noticeable delight. "Ginevra Molly Weasley, I love you. You mean more to me than anything else in this World and I cannot live my life without you. Ginny, my love..." Harry fumbled in his jacket pocket, still holding her hand tight in his. He produced a small, satin box and flipped it open with his thumb. "Ginny, will you do me the absolute honour of allowing me your hand in marriage?" Harry asked, smiling intensely at the expression of shock on her face at the sight of the ring. Tears flowed freely down both faces, from eyes both brown and green, Ginny nodded slowly. A huge smile spread across her face as Harry slid the ring on the third finger of her left hand. It was a perfect fit. With a flash of teeth, he grinned and kissed each of her fingers, his lips resting finally on the shining silver ring that he was sure would stay forever on her hand.

"I love you."

They walked quietly into the room, both pink cheeked and bright eyed, obviously slightly crazed with happiness but they hoped everyone would be too involved with Ron to notice at first. They wanted to know how long it would take for someone to notice the difference in their characters, the subtle ring on Ginny's finger which bound her to him eternally. Hermione looked up hearing the door open and squinted at them suspiciously, wary of their difference but not knowing what had changed. 

"The love birds are back then." George stated and Harry smiled widely at him, surprising him at the happiness of mind the smile portrayed.  Ginny blushed furiously and fiddled with the ring on her finger, a bad habit in the making. Harry wrapped an arm around her slim waist tightly, pulling her close to him and trying to convey his love for her even through the simple, silent gesture. Harry watched Hermione's eyes widen as she took in every detail of Ginny's hand, especially the new addition of silver. She squealed loudly and dropped Ron's hand, rushing over to embrace Ginny and Harry both. Everyone looked on in confusion as Harry and Ginny embraced their closest friend with uncontrollable excitement. No-one spoke and the only sounds in the room were Ron's steady breathing and Hermione, Harry and Ginny's laughs and tears. 

"Nice ring there." A quiet, cracked voice rang through the room and every eye fell on the bed which they surrounded. Ron was looking up at them, his dark eyes looking weary but focussed entirely on Ginny's left hand. "So when did you finally man up and realise you loved her so much and didn't need my permission?" He asked amusedly, looking around at the faces crowding him and the varying surprised expressions. "Oh, I guess it's not public knowledge yet?" He chuckled weakly, wheezing with every inhalation.

"Is something wrong with his head, what is he on about?" Molly Weasley looked about worriedly but everyone else's eyes were fixed entirely on Harry and Ginny. They had finally placed all the factors together; Harry and Ginny's overly happiness, Hermione's squeal, Ginny's glowing red cheeks, and each person had come to the correct conclusion - apart from Mrs Weasley. 

"I only just asked her Ron, but I should have done a long time ago." Harry took Ginny's left hand with one hand and Ron's with the other. 

"Yeah, you should have done but I guess I'll let you off considering you love her." This was all the apology Harry needed, all he'd ever wanted was Ron's acceptance and he was now giving it without prompt. 

"Thank you." Harry's voice was thick with emotions and Ron chuckled, wincing with the effort. 

"I'll let you off today since you've just got engaged but you really have to stop being such a girl Harry. I might have to disown you as a brother."

"Engaged - Who's engaged?" Molly fussed and Ginny rolled her eyes, staring at her pointedly and offering out the ringed hand. Molly was sucked in by the glittering silver and gasped.

"It's beautiful." Molly said and Harry looked up at Ginny.

"Isn't it just?" He smiled while George pretended to throw up in the corner. 

"I can't believe you proposed Harry, tell me everything. Was it very romantic?" Hermione squeaked. The three of them were finally alone with Ron and could talk properly about the day's events. Ginny sat prettily on Harry's lap, resting her hand on his chest possessively. The silver ring glinted on her finger in the artificial light and Hermione claimed the hand once again. "Wherever did you buy the ring Harry? It's beautiful."

"I didn't. I wrote to my aunt and uncle. I wanted to make peace with them anyway and in doing so I asked if they had my mothers wedding and engagement rings. Petunia found them somewhere, in an old jewellery box I suppose and happily passed them over to me on the condition that they are invited to my wedding. I never expected they'd want to come."

"This was your mothers ring?" Ginny asked quietly, her silence broken with somewhat surprise.

"Yes, did I not tell you? I knew she'd want you to have it. She'd have loved you, you know?" Ginny gasped and grabbed his hand.

"Theres someone we haven't told!" She said and tugged him out of the room without further explanation.