Prologue

Eric's P.O.V

       I struggled to open my eyes as I woke up from a deep slumber. Darkness was all I could see. I was lying under the stars on a damp, cold road. Clouded consciousness, I can't remember how I ended up here in the middle of the night. I got up and dusted my clothes off while taking a look around. It was eerily silent and still. There were no one around except me. Panic started to engulf me.

     After wandering aimlessly for a good ten minutes, I saw a light at the far end of the road so I followed it. As I got closer to it, the light turned out to be fire. It was a car turned upside down, completely engulfed in flames. I sprung into action and rushed over to the vehicle. I crouched beside it and peered through the window. There was a man trapped inside the black cloud of smoke, most probably suffocating. There was zero thinking going on in my head but I had to think fast. The silhouette of a man pounded his hands on the window. I tried the door desperately but the fire had knocked out the SUV's electrics system, causing the windows and doors to lock. The gas was already leaking and dripping around the fire, and in no time the car would explode. I never felt so helpless and scared before. A haze of fear surrounded me.

     "Please, help me! Somebody!'', The man screamed from inside. Terror seized me when I saw his face. How is it possible?  I didn't understand, as if my brain short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. I stood up and stepped back, resting a hand on my chest and instantly felt the blood on my shirt. The cold black night pierced my very bones. No, no, no, It's a prank, a nightmareI screamed my head off.  

      And just then, the car exploded, raising the cloud of fire from the ground. It looked like the gates of hell opening in front of me. Paralyzed by fear, I could not command my legs to run. I watched the fiery eruption of blinding flash spraying dusty debris into the air and annihilating everything within its radius followed by the incredible loud noise. 

     Overcome with fright, I stood rooted to the ground and felt the blood drain from my face. Terrible thoughts raced through my mind causing me to fall to my knees. 

     Eric Morgan is dead, I clutched my head in shock, I can't be dead.

---------x----------x---------
A/N: So, if our protagonist is dead, isn't he suppose to go into 'the light'? And where is the 'Reaper' dude, anyway? Was it a nightmare?

What do you think will happen next? Drop your guesses/ suggestions/ ideas in the comment section and I'll reveal the mystery soon! :)

Comment, Follow & Vote for quick updates!