Deadly Past

Eric's P.O.V

"Among the seven kings, the devil named Lucifer was the sole ruler of Hell.

Now, being the strongest and the most powerful among his brothers, and having an army of demons as well, little did he worried about his own life. He'd simply impale who ever stood in his way, or at least that's what he did until a rumor spread out about a reaper named Jack who was believed to have with him the ultimate weapon to kill Lucifer.

But of course, the arrogant king dismissed such gibberish talks.

So, the rumors kept on growing while he stayed in denial.

However, one particular rumor put him in a vulnerable position. It was the rumor about Jack planning to attack Lucifer's heart first. Lucifer, for the first time in forever, experienced emotions called 'worry' and 'fear' because nobody but him knew that shoving a specific scythe into his heart would ultimately end his life. So, as a resolve, he secretly began investigating Jack and intended to slay him before it's too late.

Many thousands of reapers who were suspected to be Jack were killed in this process and this resulted in reapers turning against him.

This turn of events, however, turned out to be in Jack's favor, so he discreetly began recruiting reapers to form an army, using their grudge as the fuel.

The day you, the son of Lucifer was born, Jack decided grab the opportunity to attack but resisted when they heard the news about Kian and Keenan Vice, the two of the strongest demon brothers, being appointed as your guardians. And since then Jack knew he had to change his strategies and recruit more forces. And so he did.

Meanwhile you grew up in a very strict house hold, where your father himself groomed you in such a fashion that you could tackle a group of opponents all by yourself. And much to the Kings liking, you never disappointed him. In fact, you were way more faster and stronger than a normal child of your age.

And all the while Jack's army grew stronger with each new recruit, unbeknownst to your father.

Before your thirteenth birthday, when the entire kingdom was busy preparing for the celebration, the reapers made a surprise night-time attack on the King's army, killing several of his soldiers, then infiltrated his court and the privacy of his castle as well.

It came as a surprise to Lucifer, who always underestimated the reapers and their limited skills. However, he fought back with whatever little army and weapons he had, even though the outcome of the war would not end in his favour.

At this time you sprung into action as soon as you learned about the ongoing happenings in the castle and battled against the reapers with all that you had.

It came as a no surprise that the reapers were no match to your powers. In fact, with your sudden participation, they were falling behind and under such conditions, Jack was bound to show up. And so he did.

Unfortunately, you never saw Jack's scythe coming at you.

Lucifer rushed for your rescue immediately and upon seeing your condition, he commanded me and Keenan to take your soul off of the face of Hell, for he knew it was the only way to save his son, although he knew the consequences would be far more difficult to cope.

Obeying his direct orders, we took off with you.

The reapers retreated and the battled ceased immediately after your attack. To the demons, the attacker remained unknown, though Lucifer was sure it was Jack.

It is said that Jack later learned about a much more powerful weapon to kill Lucifer; Abbadon's axe." Kian sniggered, "And all the while the poor King believed that Jack's scythe was the only ultimate weapon."

"Okay, too much information at once." I put a hand to my mouth in disbelief. "I'm the son of Lucifer? THE Lucifer?" I ask, not believing my ears.

Kian nodded a little and my heart dropped to my stomach. I wanted to ask many questions but decided to hear him out first.

"This is only the beginning master. Now let's talk about what happened to us on the way to earth. Shall we?"

I nod a yes, pacing the room, overwhelmed.

He sighed, bracing himself. "Just thinking about this gives me chills. I don't let this memory play on because then I somehow relive every intricate fear of the desperate attempts we made to save your life."

He seated himself in the chair I was tied to few minutes ago before speaking.

"So you were being transported to earth by your guardian demons. Keenan was on the look out and I was carrying you, for we knew we were being tailed, but that didn't stop us until we reached the final tunnel to earth. Now, the passage was very narrow so Keenan let me go first and told me not to look back, no matter what."

He paused as his eyes glossed over. He blink rapidly and turn his head away. "What happened next was a blur. But I remember hearing his shrill cries as he was being torn apart."

Kian cleared his throat and glanced back at me, swallowing the lump in his throat. "Nonetheless, I had my orders, so I kept on moving forward without once looking back till I reached end of the tunnel."

His lips curled into an empty smile. "It took me five days to find the secure location for you on earth. And when I did, I locked you up in the isolation chamber."

"An isolation chamber?"

"Yes, it was especially built for you by your father on the day you were born. The chamber froze you in time and this is why you never aged a day until I took you out of it which was four years ago.

Now the reason why is because four years ago Jack killed your father using Abaddon's axe. Later on, his minion reapers somehow managed to infiltrate this secure place on earth.

I knew I couldn't take them down with Keenan being gone, so I simply followed the protocol; put your soul into the most eligible human vessel. A 'meat suit', as they call it these days."

"You ruined my meat suit!" Chubby's voice ring out in my ears and I felt a shock wave through my entire body.

"Meat..suit?" I pace up to Kian in disbelieve. "So you mean to say that this..this isn't my body?" I said, putting my hand over my chest. "This isn't me?"

"That's correct. And all the memories you had from your past life was suppressed so that you could replace them with Eric's. And surprisingly, you adapted to your new life quite well."

Those memories of all the birthdays, and all the family vacations; and the lavish, joyful life of a eighteen year old was never mine. It belonged to Eric. How was I to guess that his life time memories were only substitutes to my past all this time?

Like a leech, I was feeding off of some one else's happiness, sadness, and all the pleasures for four years. Four years. Mom and Dad, do they know that it wasn't their child but me, a demon?