Chapter 25

JelenaKnight: Work day @KnightFashion

5,000,000 likes ~ 10,000 comments

---

I am currently on my way to the Knight Fashion headquarters to get some work done and check in with my employees. I really need to see how the sales are performing and get a preview of the next issue. I also need to set up a bonus for the people who are paying the monthly subscription for the magazine.

I won't be seeing Michael for a week or two since he is filming in Atlanta and that city is just not my vibe. I've never really been well accepted over there and I have had a few issues every time that I have been there. That's also the reason why I don't go to Chicago as well because I actually got shot at while driving through a street.

It was an experience that I never want to go through again.

Once I get to the first floor of my building, I head straight to the finance department for a quick meeting. We end up discussing the budgets for future projects and shoots before I send HR an email asking for the latest job/intern applications.

I take a quick coffee break with some of the staff members before I have an hour long meeting with my sales team. I am pleased to see that the magazine is moving at a good pace but I also know that we could do better so I need to do some brainstorming

Once it hits 12 pm, I finally head into my personal office and I shut the door. I head straight to the intercom to send a message that everyone needs to ring my secretary before heading to my office.

"Fuck me." I put my bag down on a chair before taking off my blazer and hanging it on the rack.

I kick off my heels as I lay down on my sofa which is honestly such an essential in my office. It's so comfy and I sleep on it whenever I decide to stay at work after hours. I thought about getting a bed here too but seeing as I am a workaholic, I decided against it since I knew that I would never leave the office.

"Fuck you mean." I sit up as I hear a commotion going on outside of my office. "I don't need no appointment to see Jelena, that girl's my bestfriend."

"Ma'am, Miss Knight does not wish to be disturbed." I kiss my teeth as I stand to my feet. I walk over to my door and pull it open, only to see Tamar standing there.

"It's alright Gerald, she can come in." I pull Tamar in before she can say some other shit. I shut the door behind her and run my hands through my hair as I turn to face her.

"Girl, your office is nice." Tamar comments as she takes a seat on the sofa that I was previously resting on.

" Tamar comments as she takes a seat on the sofa that I was previously resting on

"What are you doing here?" I ask while letting out a yawn.

"I am here to spend the day with you." She answers with a smile. "I know that after the whole Las Vegas situation, things have been tense between everybody and I just wanted to let you know that you are loved."

I smile softly.

"I know that it appears as if everybody has a problem with you and maybe they do but I don't." She leans forward. "You have helped us all in so many different ways and I'm constantly gaining new followers because you feature me in your magazine. I really appreciate you and I love you."

"I love you too." I blink back tears.

"Have you done your work for the day?" Tamar asks and I nod my head. "Good, let's get changed and go out to a bar or something, she needs a drinks."

---

"This place is the shit." Tamar squeaks as she starts dancing and I let out a small laugh as I join her. 

"The drinks are really good." I mumble as I take a small sip of my Berry explosion which is basically an orgasm.

" I mumble as I take a small sip of my Berry explosion which is basically an orgasm

"Where's your boyfriend at?" Tamar asks as she sips on her coconut cocktail.

"Atlanta, working." I answer with a short nod.

We dance a little on the dancefloor and we obviously have all eyes on us. It wouldn't be a night without catcalls, whistles and stares coming from every direction. It's really annoying but unfortunately you have to learn to get used to it because that's the life we live.

I adjust my skirt as I take a seat in the VIP area.

"You pregnant?" Tamar asks me while looking in my eyes and I shake my head.

"Oh hell no." I take a long sip of my drink. "Never, not me."

"Why you only drinking something with four percent alcohol?" She rolls her neck. "You've been real reserved tonight and I was expecting you to get yourself some proper liquor."

Tamar pops her lips.

"Now I ain't judging but is you pregnant?"

I furrow my brows at her.

"Tamar, are you crazy?" I pull a face. "I am not pregnant."

"You're glowing." She states.

"Makeup and sweat." I rebutt her statement.

"You ain't drinking."

"I have work in the morning." I purse my lips at her and she returns it with one of her own.

"You've put on weight." I gasp at her words.

"Bitchhhhh."

"I'm just saying." She pops her lips as she bounces around in her seat. "What do I need to buy? Green or purple?"

"I'm not pregnant." I roll my eyes.

"May---"

"I CAN'T HAVE KIDS!" I snap, blurting out the secret that I have been keeping to myself for the past week. "I can't have kids."

Tamar's mouth drops and I spot many eyes on us so I grab my purse and I quickly head to the exit.

"JELENA!" I hear Tamar shouting after me and I shake my head as I run to my car. Once I'm inside, I burst out into tears. 

I know that I always said that I didn't want kids but now I don't even have the chance to change my mind. I'm unable to have children and for some strange reason, it hurts.