Chapter 24

Posted 1 hour ago

Posted 1 hour ago

JelenaKnight: First day back @XFactorUSA 

2,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

NicoleScher : First day back 

1,000,000 likes ~ 12,000 comments

---

"Jelena." Kelly Rowland lets out a low whistle as she checks me out. "How are you doing us like this during the first audition? A bitch is sntched."

I laugh before flipping my hair. "You also look beautiful as always."

I was the last person on the red carpet so I didn't get to see the other judges until now. We are just about to do our final touch ups while we have a quick meeting before we head on stage.

"Jelena Knight." I smirk as I look up at Simon Cowell who gives me a appreciative look. "I approve."

I wink at him and he chuckles.

I smile at Nicole who returns it with a fake one. "Nicole, you look cute."

"You look very... extra but nice." I inwardly roll my eyes at her comment before turning back to my glam crew to make sure that I look 'extra' glam.

Twenty minutes later and we are prepared to go on stage. The reason why I dressed up a little more than usual is because X Factor USA does the auditions in front of a live audience whereas in the UK there is no audience.

"Your judges SIMON COWELL, KELLY ROWLAND, NICOLE SCHERZINGER AND JELENA KNIGHT!" Terry Crews announces from the stage and I smile as we all step out on stage. 

Jelena being Jelena, I start doing my own thing as the audience cheer. I look really good so I'm about to show off every part of my outfit and you are going to live for my fantasy.

 I look really good so I'm about to show off every part of my outfit and you are going to live for my fantasy

Simon and Kelly just laugh as we all begin to walk towards our seat. Once I'm seated, I blow the audience a few kisses before posing for a few pictures because why not.

Simon makes a small speech about the show, he then introduces us before the first person of the day comes out to grace the stage. As expected Nicole and I have been butting heads during the commentary only because I don't think that she knows what she is talking about. 

I find myself growing very bored as the twentieth person performs Someone Like You by Adele. The person has no stage presence and no charisma. Their singing is very average but I just know that it is going to be a no from me because I'm not even paying attention at this point.

 Their singing is very average but I just know that it is going to be a no from me because I'm not even paying attention at this point

"Kelly." Simon gestures for Kelly to give the first comment.

"I will be totally honest with you, Gareth. Your performance was not something that I was expecting with you but I thought it was good." I furrow my brows at her comment. "It was good but there was something missing."

"Are you kidding me?" Nicole cuts in. "I thought you're performance was AWESOME!"

Some people in the audience clap and Gareth smiles on stage

"I think that you are a very talented individual, there are some improvements that need to be made but I think that you are going to go very far in this competition." Nicole adds and I scoff. 

"Jelena." Simon holds back a smile because he can see that I am not impressed.

"Finally." The audience laugh at the sound of my voice. "Gareth, I am going to be completely honest to you. Not just as a platinum selling, grammy award winner but as an individual."

Gareth, the contestant bites down on his lower lip as he awaits my verdict.

"Your voice is average, very average but that's ok because a lot of people in the industry don't have the best voice." I sigh. "Kelly was right in saying that there was something missing and that is stage presence. You completely lack any presence and with your average voice, it made it very hard to watch your performance because I was bored."

A few people boo me but I don't care. I would rather tell it how it is than give you the impression that you are as good as you think you are, when you are not. X Factor has been running for like two decades but how many superstars have come from it.

"My advice to you would be to get some singing lessons and take some acting classes." Nicole scoffs at my words. "Would you rather listen to a has been like Nicole or someone like me who is still selling out stadiums even though I haven't put out an album in years."

The audience start making noise as I throw shade at Nicole.

"Jelena." Simon gives me a warning look but I can see that he is living for the drama as he reaches for his mug.

"Women let's just empower eachother." Kelly says and luckily, she is seat inbetween us.

"You're a bitch." Nicole throws her pen down and stands to her feet. 

"And you're a has been." I respond with a blank look and she scoffs while walking away. The contestant doesn't end up making it through and the production team stop the next contestant from coming on as we wait for Nicole to return.

Kelly has a talk with me about being nice but she doesn't realise that I was being nice. Nicole is beautiful and she is very talented but she is also a has been. Her time has come and gone, she only stays relevant through the show.

I decide to entertain the audience with a short performance of the first song that I ever released. Once we finish shooting the first day of auditions, I head over to my personal assistant Dana who talks me through the rest of the day. 

I'm meeting with Amerie Sanchez to talk about her feature then I have date night.