10 things i wish i knew as a student

Make no mistake, I am still a student. Yes, I sometimes like to talk like I'm an 80 year old grandma who is oozing of wisdom. It makes up for a cool image in my head.

If you are a student, this might be useful to you. I've been a student for 15 years, now and will be one for the rest of my life (metaphorically, of course; who the hell wants to be drowning in homework?📚).

These tips are things I've learnt over the years

These tips are things I've learnt over the years. They've stood the test of time and helped me not only be a straight A student for my entire school life but also earn some beautiful friendships and teachers. It was not perfect. I made mistakes, I did things I shouldn't have. I let go of chances. Yes, it was not perfect but it was a happy time.

Being a student is not an easy task. We are students for a major part of our lives. Getting right isn't easy, either. However, there are always little things we can do to make it bearable and happier. Below are 10 things I wish someone had told me. These are things I've learnt firsthand and I believe that they would help you.

🔵 1

🔵 1. Marks matter, but never at the cost of friendships, family and yourself.

🔵 2. Quality over quantity always, when it comes to friends.

🔵 3. Studying hard for your tests and trying to excel doesn't make you 'nerdy'.

🔵 4. Talk more to your teachers. It's a universe inside every teacher. You just need to knock politely and ask if you can come in.

🔵 5. Never procrastinate when it comes to homework and revision.

🔵 6. Make notes for all your subjects, before the examination season sets in. Make hay while the sun shines.

🔵 7. Go out and participate in all extra-curriculars, picnics, fests and school functions. Memories over marks.

🔵 8. Use your library well. We so often forget that this is the best time to feed our near bibliophile. So many free books, where else would you get?

🔵 9. Be kinder to your parents. Yes, they might misunderstand; yes, they can even be annoying. But at the end of the day, they do have your best interests in their hearts.

🔵 10. Take chances. Want to propose your crush? Want to participate in a dance competition even though you dance like Mr. Bean? Want to ask a doubt in a class? Want to join the other friends' group? Do them. Now. Now is the best time.

I hope you learnt something from these 10 tips!

🌟🌟🌟

🔴 Are you a student, too?
Or, are you reading this for someone else?

What are the things YOU wish someone had told you when you were a student?

Comment and lemme know! I love reading your replies.

🌟🌟🌟

If you truly enjoyed this, do tag your friends. It'll help me know that my efforts are working.

🌼 Thank you. 🌼

Any suggestions for what content you want to see here?❤️ Lemme know!

🔴 Coming up next: Features We All Wish Wattpad Had.

Stay tuned for the Wednesday update!🌟

Signing off,

Sam.❤️