mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

This is something which I have been facing for, like, forever and I really wanted to address this. So, here we go.

I've noticed how different mirrors show me differently. Some show me fatter than others, some show me with more pimples, some with my smile a little too chubby, some show me just the way I'd want to look. Although the mirrors which show me the way I am flatter me and make me feel wonderful about myself and my body, I cannot help but wonder if it is the truth. I wonder what if the mirrors with my ugly self are actually saying the truth. I wonder if any of them is even close to who I really am. This brings me down to the question - who am I, really? What makes me? How do people see me? And if what people see me is not true, too? If all the versions - the visible, the tangible, the audible - of me are all just pieces of me but never me as a whole?

I don't know the answers and I don't know if there are any answers which could possibly answer the entire question of identity, the body and the soul and the parts that make us truly who we are. Until then, what are we supposed to do? Perhaps, for me, look at ourselves in the mirrors which show us the way we'd want ourselves to be. And maybe, that could be the answer.

We may never know.