(ch 10) let's say for instance that you had a conscience

a whole week had passed since the kissing booth fiasco and harry and zayn booth were in a better place. 

zayn would drop harry off to each of his classes, they texted everyday late into the night about completely irrelevant topics and play imessage games which harry was exceptionally good at. 

harry still refused to hang out with zayn's friends because he didn't like anyone of them and also sofia was hostile as ever especially now when harry and zayn were kind of dating. 

emphasis on kind of. 

they weren't exclusive yet and harry still wanted to give zayn time, he was trying to be less overboard with his affection and harry kind of liked the attention he was receiving, he wasn't going to lie. 

harry felt off today, he hadn't seen zayn in the morning which was odd, he was usually stood by harry's parking spot along with his friends waiting for harry but he didn't meet anyone today. 

harry had frowned and went on by his day. 

harry's classes were bland and he still hadn't seen zayn by the time lunch rolled around. 

"where do you think he is?" harry asked nat, chewing on his sandwich with a frown on his face. 

"why?" nat smirked, "do you miss him?" 

harry narrowed his eyes, "no. just curious." 

"i don't know, i saw tyler this morning before my chemistry class but i didn't see zayn." 

"did you ask tyler where zayn was?" harry asked eagerly making nat laugh. 

"harry why would i ask him that? i didn't even notice he was gone? he flutters around you harry not me." nat explained rolling her eyes. 

harry huffed and pouted, still confused by zayn's behavior. 

he decided to shove zayn in the back of his mind and talked to nat about her relationship with tyler. her parents were also fighting a lot more and harry hoped to come up with something to take her mind off all of that. 

at the end of the day harry had sent three messages zayn's way asking him if he was okay. 

harry got ready for PE, getting into his cheer gear, hoping to run into zayn. oh how the tables had turned, harry was actively seeking out the brown eyed boy. 

he sprinted into the field and his green eyes scanned for zayn, he saw all of the football team stretch on the grass, dribbling the ball in between them and there was still no sign of zayn. great. harry frowned. 

why had he ditched school today? and why was he not responding to harry's messages. 

"harry? can you start stretching ? today please?" his coach gave him a scorned looking making him shuffle to the grown and start his routine. 

he ignored the girls on his team, they hated him and the message was well received but usually they kept their comments to a minimum because zayn was always around him, glaring at anyone who looked harry the wrong way. 

but zayn wasn't here today which made him tad nervous because this was unprecedented, zayn never ignored harry. 

"ever since zayn started dating harry, i think he's put on weight because zayn does everything for him." one of the girls whispered loud enough for harry to hear. 

his throat clogged up as he became more conscious about his body and tugged at his shorts, but his thighs were still visible. 

"Addy!" sofia let out a mock gasp, "don't say that, zayn might come and beat you up!"