19 | Cherry Flavor

Pinch me.

Pinch me.

Punch me.

Tell me it's just a prank.

What date is it? Is it the first day of April?

And it isn't my birthday yet this can't be his birthday gift to me.

Or maybe it could be his advance birthday gift, right?

Or his Christmas gift?

Tell me, why?

Why?!

What did he mean by those words?!

Why in the world did he kiss me?

Why now?!

I know that I've expected this to happen earlier that's why I've prepared for this moment. But just thinking about it to happen versus for it to really happen is two different things. You know those kinds of situations where you thought that you already prepared yourself enough and that you know what to do if the time comes, but then when it's already there in front of you your mind goes blank.

After he said those words it felt like someone punched me so hard in the gut and it made me take a step back away from him. A silence that is so thick that you could probably karate chop the air with your hand was between us. This past minute I've been looking at him with wide eyes and mouth opened ajar. And the man that caused me to be like this has been diverting his eyes anywhere in the room but me.

"Say something. You're supposed to tell me to stop playing around." He groaned, "This conversation goes so different on my head."

"Wh-wh-wh-what did you just say a minute ago. Wait what? Playing around? So you're just playing around?!" I asked him, and my eyes got even bigger if it's even possible.

I know this conversation would definitely turn our friendship on the awkward angle, but fuck, it'll be worse if he was just playing around and here I am standing here with wide eyes and this weird feeling below my stomach.

Wearing only this lingerie and a robe gets really chilly, and the tone of his voice earlier and the way he lowered it down that it became deep and raspy makes this situation worse.

"After all these years we're together you still don't know if I'm kidding and I'm serious?" He said, finally looking at me.

The years of being with this mischievous man makes me know for sure that he is two hundred percent serious right now, with how he keeps on scratching his brows and how he leans his weight on one foot then change it to the other, every second. But, a part of me wants to think that he's only up to something or he just wants me to prevent me from going to Denver.

"If you're serious then why?" I asked him.

"What do you mean why?" He asked in return, confusing the both of us even more.

"Why did you kiss me? Friends don't do that. Why did you cross the line?" I asked him again, to make it clear what I'm talking about. I paused for a while contemplating on whether to ask him this question or not. It could lead us to a new step of our relationship or a step backwards.

But the thing is, we're about to rob a bank and thousands of possibilities could happen there that would result for us not to get out of there alive. And let's add the fact that this man in front of me doesn't have the chance to live until he's eighty. "D-d-do you have feel-"

My poor excuse for words was cut off by a knock on the door. The two of us turned our heads to look at the closed door as if we would see who is the person knocking on the other side by looking at it.