12 | Ryan

Flashback

My parents are not here anymore. I don't have other siblings. My relatives are on their own worlds. My once pet hamster died, because of my dumbass cousin, Leo, thought it could swim, so he drowned it. And now the only person I have in this world has a disease that has no cure.

We didn't even get to have our three kids and our two dogs yet. Andrés would be assigned on teaching our kids to paint and speak Spanish. And you know, prank our kids and take a video of it, then post it online. Aaww that would've been adorable.

But fuck, the world just doesn't agree with my plans. Maybe, it just wants me to be a single mother of seven cats and a full-time Ghost buster.

I downed the drink I was having, and felt another burning sensation on my throat. I don't usually drink because I know myself that I'm a lightweight.

Tears trickled down on my cheeks again. And Ryan, the bartender, gave me another tissue. Ever since, I entered this bar Ryan has been nothing but good to me.

I entered this place earlier, trying to act cool, and not depressed, I went to the bar and ordered a light drink. Ryan was flirting at me first, and I was about to return it but suddenly he handed me a tissue. I was confused at first, but I found out that my nose was already dripping and that I was already crying.

I was a mess in front of the bartender. It was the afternoon, the day after Andrés told me about his disease. I acted really strong in front of him, because I know I have to be, for the both of us, but after he left this morning, I've been bawling my eyes out.

It's been a couple of hours and I already had four glasses of this drink Ryan gave me. And when there's no new customer we were both talking. After he found out about my problem, he listened to my rants, and he even agreed to me when I said that I'm gonna buy Gucci and Valenciaga clothes and put it on my walls, to be my wallpaper, just to make me feel better. And as I kept crying, he also kept on handing me tissues, I'm surprised he haven't ran out of it yet.

He also talked about himself. And I found out that he just broke up with her girlfriend for two years, and she took his pug with her. But the funny thing is, he wasn't sad about the break up, he was sad because of the pug.

We were currently laughing about a girl twerking on the dance floor, but unfortunately her tight dress ripped. Tears were on our eyes after laughing so hard, and Ryan suddenly spoke, "So, what're you gonna do with Andrés then?"

I stopped laughing and my face turned serious. I'm a little bit intoxicated now. A little bit. "I don't know, maybe go to Amazon river and search for the cure there." I answered.

He was about to reply but I continued speaking again. "Or, I'll search for the reincarnation of Van Gogh and meet him up with Andrés. I bet Andrés will be peeing his pants because of happiness for that."

Ryan snickered at my statement. I raised my empty glass at him again, indicating that I want another serve of it. He then took my glass and replaced it with a glass with water.

"I think you had enough for today. How will you go home after this?" He asked. I pouted at him for not giving me my desired drink, but I drank the water anyway.

I walked on the nearest bar this afternoon after finding out that even a lasagna can't bring me out of my misery. It's not like I actually drink every time I have a problem, it's just that it is what they do in the movies.

"Eh, I don't know. Maybe I'll just call my driver." I said. Getting my phone out of the pocket of my coat.

"You have a driver? I didn't know you were rich." He said, with a surprised look on his face, and he started wiping the counter top.