thirty five

Elle McBriar
August 2nd, 4 months and 21 days after the first zombie report

I ignored Paxton. He kept glancing at me in the kitchen as we ate dinner. I looked at him once, and that was when he was ignoring me. My heart rate increases when I look at him.

Holy crap I've got it bad!

I poked my fork into the pasta Gage and Alex got, TOGETHER. It was with creamy sauce. All this cheese and pasta cannot be good for our bowels and arteries, but I don't care.

I kind of lost my appetite after the kiss. I couldn't stop thinking about it. But I just can't. The way his mouth fit with mine like a puzzle piece. The small breaths coming from him, the way he held me... it left me wanting more.

The boys talked about how Alex was going to be 20 in literally 4 hours and how time flies by so quickly. My fork clattered loudly in my bowl on accident, and I earned 3 pairs of eyes, "You okay Elle? You've been really quiet." Gage smirked, "I'm fine. I just need you all out of my kitchen so I can bake Alex's birthday cake." I said.

Alex's eyes widened and I laughed. His reaction is so cute and pure, "You're actually going to make me one?" He said, "Of course. I mean it'll take time but I'll get there." 

Alex stood up, "I have an announcement to make." He said, clearing his throat dramatically.

He picked up the lantern we were using as a light and walked over to the light switch on the wall, he mumbled a 'God I hope this works', I held my breath as he flicked the light switch on.

It buzzed a few times before it finally came on. I screamed, standing up and clapping my hands. Gage and Paxton congratulated and thanked Alex, I jumped on him, hugging him, "Now I don't have to shower in the dark!" I smiled, "Now you can used the oven, and he fridge."

My mouth gaped open, "Does that mean we can get TV?" Gage punched his fist into the air, "I will go look for a TV tomorrow."

My arms were still around Alex as I showed my gratitude but I was pulled off, a clearing of a throat excused us both. I glared at Paxton as he high-fived Alex. His hand was on the small of my back, and if I wasn't embarrassed of stuck for words, I've would've taken it off. But I kept it there. Mainly because I'll look like a dick if I move away and the fact that I like having it there.

"Okay, all of you, out of my kitchen now, shoo!"

* * * 

I had to ask Gage how to use the oven and it took us like 8 tries before it turned on and started heating up. I had to remove my sling, much to Gage and Alex's dismay. I whisked together the flour, eggs and sugar before mixing the rest of the ingredients. It felt good to be baking again.

As I poured that into a random square cake tin I found, I shoved it into the oven. I don't know how long it's supposed to cook for, but while I wait, the fridge needs sorting out.

Considering now we have power and electricity, our food can be stored. Meaning, we can keep food for longer. I guess we'll need to get a freezer now!

I shoved the water, milk, butter and other cold items into the fridge, feeling the coolness of it hit my face. It was re-freshing after battling summer air all day. I wanted to just sit in it. 

The kitchen door opened and I didn't bother checking who it was. Still stacking things into the fridge and freezer, I felt eyes on me. Turning around, Paxton stood there, a smirk on his handsomely-cocky face as he trailed up my body.

"What do you want Paxton? I'm kind of busy." I sighed, "You were bold, today. I didn't think you had it in you." He smirked, "What? Making the first move?"

He scoffed, "Yeah, that." 

My shoulder hurt as I did the heavy lifting. I got shot literally 6 hours ago how am I still alive and moving right now? I ask myself everyday!

"Do you need something?"

He nodded, "Yeah, you." 

I was startled by his sudden confrontational side. He gripped my waist, pushing my against the wall as his mouth found mine. God, I'm turned on. This is so bad. I gasped as he bit my lip, his tongue entering mine. I brought my arms up to his head, gripping his hair forward as to pull him in deeper. God what am I doing?

I still continued kissing him. He's like a drug and I'm addicted. He tasted and felt so damn good. 

His hand trailed up my shirt, fingers resting on the soft part of my stomach. My skin erupted in tingles. I could barely breath but I was on cloud-9. I never want to leave this position. Then, he picked me up, sitting me on the kitchen counter as my back pressed against the wall again. He leaned into me, My legs circling his waist.

Jesus Elle, control yourself.

Paxton pulled away, panting as he leaned his forehead against mine, "God, I've been craving you all day!" He whispered, licking his swollen lips. I giggled, "You don't know how long I've been wanting to kiss you." "Why didn't you?" I asked, catching my breath, "Because I didn't know where we stood. Or if you'd kiss me back."

I chuckled, "Does this answer your question?" I said as seductively as I could. I bit my lips, looking right into his eyes as I trailed my fingers down his shirt, catching the hem of it. I tickled his waist line, giggling as he tensed up. I kissed him once, "Happy?" "No, you might have to tell me again, I missed it." Paxton teased, pointing to his lips.

I kissed him again. He smiled.

"Okay now seriously, get out. I need to ice this cake!"

I did an okay-job. After finally focusing back on the task at hand after Paxton left, I let the cake cool down completely while I whipped the icing. It was plain vanilla icing. 

I smeared it all over the chocolate cake, sprinkling it with stupid sprinkles and then topping it off with a 20 candle. It's the best I can do.

Satisfied, I covered it with a towel and put it on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

That'll have to do.

* * * 

hii

i know this chapter is short but AHHHH