Chapter 14

Gob POV

As I set foot on the unfamiliar territory, hopefully layer6, I heard footsteps so I put my mask on. The others successfully arrived right behind me. The steps got louder and louder and I saw a being in front of us.

???:(sniff) (sniff) I smell... human.

He quickly walked closer and was looking at me. He was much higher than me.

???: Human. What the fuck do you want?

Gob: I am here to negotiate and establish an alliance.

Now he was close enough so I could see him. He had a face and arm of a human but from the middle of his neck and from his elbow, his body was covered with red scale. His eyes were light yellow. He had short red hair.

???: We'd rather die than agree with you humans.

Gob: I am not here as a human. I am here as the king of the demihumans.

???: Hah why would I believe in you?

Gob: I just killed that strange named guy on the other side.

???: You don't seem that powerful. If you can withstand one of my attacks then I will allow you to move forward but I will investigate how accurate your little "story" of being the king of the demihumans is.

Gob: Am I allowed to defend or not?

???: No. You will have to survive it without blocking it.

Gob: OK. Give me a second.

???: Why would I do that.

Gob: I don't want you to break my mask.

I unequipped my mask and looked into his eyes. So I moved forward.

Gob: Bring it on.

A large sledgehammer appeared in his hand and he took a stance. He brought his weapon behind him and with a forceful sweep, he hit my head with it. I could hear as my skull gave cracking sounds and I sunk into the ground till my knees. I felt blood flowing down on my forehead.

Wenly: MASTER!!

Gob: It seems your hammer wasn't strong enough.

???: What are you talking about.

The hammer he was holding suddenly cracked and turned into a million pieces.

Gob: That is what I was talking about.

I jumped out of the hole I was forced to create and cleaned my face.

???: I have to admit you are strong, and I can't sens hatred from your eyes.

I looked around and noticed that a large area was cracked and even the top of the hallway was damaged. He must be really powerful. I shook my head and looked back at the dragonoid.

Gob: So are we allowed to meet with your king/monarch?

???: Well. I have never had to deal with newcomers so I guess you are allowed. But I will have to go with you.

Gob: Alright. Let us go then.

The dragonoid led us out of the underground hallway. then he led us probably to the capital and stopped.

???: Please stay here. I have to discuss something with the guards.

Gob: Ok.

The dragonoid left and we stayed there.

Gob: I thought they were more... dragon-like.

System: Master, those who have a human form they have evolved and are more powerful then they were. This applies to every other being as well.