After that awkward dinner, Sarah decided to leave unable to bear the why-the-hell-did-she-said-no look they were throwing at her. She leaned closer to him, her lips at his ear “I’m going home… iwan ko na mga gamit ko dito ha?” she whispered.

Gerald quickly shifted his eyes to her and grabbed her hand “Why? I want you here… sila na lang papaalisin ko” he replied.

“No… ano ka ba? They all did this for you. You should enjoy your day. Sabi mo nga diba... it’s your birthday. Have fun!”

Gerald groaned and kissed her hand “With you is where I get to enjoy myself… every minute spent with you is like my birthday… Valentine ’s Day… Christmas… New Year and every damn special day in the calendar. Please, wag ka na umalis…” he begged.

She gave him one quick kiss on the lips which everyone saw. She smiled and then stroked his cheek with her fingers “This is better…”

He sighed in defeat as he watched her stand up and waved her hands at his few friends sitting with them.

“Ikaw na bahala dito ah…” Sarah talking to Fred “Itext mo na lang ako kung nagwawala ulit siya”

His friends laughed and bid their goodbyes to her. Sarah then approached mommy Vangie, her eyes apologizing.

“Iha… you don’t have to explain to me” mommy V said seeing her “I know you have your reasons… kung naiintindihan ng anak ko, sino ba naman ako para kwestiyunin and desisyon mo?” and then she opened her arms at her “Halika nga dito anak…” she invited and hugged Sarah tightly. “I know you love him…” she whispered in her ear.

Sarah pulled back and nodded in approval “I do love him tita… I do”

“If you said no to kuya… then may pag-asa na ko?” Ken interrupted making Sarah laugh. He was about to wrap his arm around her shoulder when Gerald abruptly stepped in and pushed Ken on the face.