22

(Whoooo! super salamat po sa comments niyo sa proposal ni Ge... unsure about this one though... bawi next time :))

“Congratulations!!!!!”

Everyone shouted upon seeing Sarah and Gerald open the door, their hands holding. Gerald immediately hit his own forehead, forgetting the little get together he planned after his proposal.

Sarah was shocked to see his closest friends and family along with Anna, but what surprised her more was both her parents. She released Gerald’s hand and welcomed her mother’s embrace.

“Mii…” she spoke and then her mom gave way for her dad to hug her.

“Dii…” she said close to tears, Gerald only staring at them.

“Pumunta si Gerald sa bahay noong umalis ka para magshooting sa Ilocos. Pinaalam niyang magpropropose nga daw siya sayo sa birthday niya… Kaya wag ka ng magtaka kung bakit kami andito ng papa mo” Mommy Divine explained seeing the shock in Sarah’s face and chuckled “Masaya kami ng papa mo para sayo anak…” she added and lovingly caressed her daughter’s arm.

Gerald’s mom then smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Geronimo “Bala-e?” she joked and then pulled Sarah for a hug. “Dati fan na fan lang ako… akalain mong magiging manugang kita?” she happily said and cupped Sarah’s face “My son is so lucky to have you…” she sincerely told her.

Gerald went near them and patted her mother’s shoulder. Mommy Vangie turned to him and wondered why he was shaking his head looking down, she felt weird not seeing the happiness in her son’s eyes. She then took Sarah’s hand and gasped not seeing what she was searching for.

“Tita…” Sarah mumbled, not knowing what to say.

Everyone around them astounded, their minds questioning…

“We’re not getting married” he coldly whispered he then lifted his head and half heartedly smiled “I guess my timing was off…”

“Babe…” she called and caressed his arm.

He chuckled, “but I understand” He said and then faked a laughter “Ano ba, bakit biglang nawala energy niyo? Birthday party ko to diba? Tara! Kain na tayo! Gutom na kami ng baby girl ko…” he shouted and locked his hand with hers, their fingers intertwined. He pulled her towards the food prepared on the table leaving everyone stunned and speechless.