14

(sabe ko naman.. i'll try to update soon eh :)) hihi...)

“Anong ginagawa mo dito?” alarmed he stood up and protected her from the people trying to take her picture. “This isn’t a good place for you to be seen Sarah. I’ll take you home. NOW” he demanded and took a couple of bills from his wallet. “Bro… talk to you tomorrow. Patay ka sakin” he threatened Fred and pulled Sarah out the bar.

Gerald was about to shove her inside the passenger seat when she pulled out from his grasp. “Ge… let me drive. You’re drunk”

“No” he stubbornly told her. Sarah was quick to take the keys from Gerald’s hand. “Get inside.” She insisted and went to the driver’s side. Though he didn’t like the idea of her driving for him, he knew he’ll only get them in trouble if he was the one to drive.

“I’ll call tita first to tell her we’re on our way” Sarah said and took out her phone. She was about to press call when Gerald spoke.

“I don’t live there anymore. Remember the house I was trying to buy… It’s mine now. Malalaman mo sanang nabili ko na dream house ko kung nagkakausap pa tayo…”

Guilt.

“So---“

Gerald groaned to stop her from those same old words she kept saying. “Stop saying you’re sorry! Hindi ko na alam kung ano pang ibig sabihin ng SORRY mo”

Sarah bit her lip to stop her tears from falling. She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. Gerald looked outside his window and gave her the instructions to his new house, Sarah carefully listened and started the engine.

Silence filled the air as they traveled, a far cry from what they were used to.

“Here” he broke the silence and as soon as the car stopped, he went down and opened the gate allowing her to park the car inside. After closing the gate, he didn’t wait for her and left her behind, making his way into his own home.

Sarah sighed heavily as she stepped out from the vehicle. She entered the house and was instantly stricken with what she saw. She was amazed looking at the place he called his own. She felt a huge part of her inside, the color… the motif… the set-up… it was all her. She carried the pillow lying on top of the couch and hugged it tightly. “He even bought the same ones at home…” she loved those pillows. Her eyes roamed some more, this was it… the same house she described to him, way back when they talked about their life together. This was the same house she envisioned for herself.

She walked to a corner and saw numerous photos of them together. A sad smile formed on her lips as memories of those moments rushed in. She was still in her reverie when she heard something break coming from the kitchen. She ran her way to him and froze when she saw broken glasses lying on the floor, his hands bleeding.

“Ge…” she murmured and quickly took the nearest towel she saw. She placed it in his hands. “First aid? Where?”