16

“I found them!” like a little kid he happily announced over the phone.

Sarah chuckled. “So how many do you have now?” she asked. Gerald started counting all the notes in his hands.

“12”

“ahh…” and a hairstylist went over her “Not the right answer babe. You still have to find more” she added while people started fixing her hair, and retouching her makeup.

“Wait. Paano ko malalaman na panalo ako? Baka naman dayain mo lang ako…”

Sarah laughed “Siraaa. Just tell me how many notes you found. Tapos pag tama yung sagot mo, tulad ng sabi ko… nandiyan na ko agad-agad!” she said energetically making everyone around her giggle.

Gerald sighed heavily and laid himself on his bed. “I’ll try again tomorrow after work… I won’t stop until you’re here beside me for my birthday. I want my GIFT.” And then he sat straight “Ano ba yun?” he asked naughtily.

“Eh di you still have until Friday to make me come back and see for yourself kung ano regalo ko sayo…” she said and giggled “Kung hindi mo naman mahanap lahat… ah eh, magkita na lang tayo sa Monday. Pero wala ng gift…”

“Ang daya naman…” he huffed and stood up “Babalik na ako sa paghahanap ko…”

Sarah left out laughter, “Go babe!” she encouraged “I have to go na rin… babye :) good luck! I can’t wait to see you…”

He bid his farewell and right after ending the call, he went down to his kitchen and started to search again.

The next day, WEDNESDAY…

Gerald reached for his phone lying on top of his desk. He slowly opened his eyes and saw her text message.

From baby girl:

I really love red. As in REALLY love red. Don’t you? Good morning babe… wakey wakey :)

He got curious, was it a hint? He replied his sweet morning greeting and stood up ready to take a shower. The heart drawing was still there… and he has no plans of removing it. After his bath, he was about to take underwear out of his cabinet when he noticed one flashy brief he hasn’t used for awhile. It suddenly caught his attention as he remembered Sarah’s message… RED. He took it and unfolded.

“Aha!” he exclaimed and took her note.

“Day 2 of our game? Haha… Well, lucky for you if you found it yesterday… but I doubt that :) Anyways, red briefs??? Are you sure Junjun is straight? KIDDING :p Wear this today!”

Gerald blushed and called Sarah immediately.

“Pervert” he told her upon hearing her pick up, of course he was joking… kinda :)

Sarah laughed loudly “Wear it… ok?” more laughter “Oh, I have to go. Tinatawag na ko ni direk…” she said in a hurry.

“Wait!” he stopped her “You know he’s straight… Alam mo yan Sarah…”

“Who?” she replied playing dumb and giggled “Greet him good morning for me! Ayy… done na siguro? Hahaha… I really have to go… bye!” and she ended the call.

Gerald shook his head with a huge grin on his face. “Pervert” he repeated, laughing.

Meanwhile, in her life…

“Sarah… you’ve been working too hard since yesterday.” Her director told her “I know may hinahabol kang oras at pinangako kong tutulungan kita… pero kung magkakasakit ka, mas matatagalan tayo dito” she reminded her.

“Ok lang po ako direk… nakakahiya nga sa kanila eh…” she pointed at the whole cast and crew “sa inyo… lahat kayo napapagod dahil lang sa akin”

Direk Mae laughed and touched her hand “Minsan lang naman ma-inlove ang isang Sarah Geronimo eh… At, sekreto lang natin to. Wala silang alam” she told her and winked. Sarah hugged her tight.

“Salamat po direk… salamat! Salamat! Salamat po!”

“Wag ka munang magpasalamat dahil hindi pa naman natin tapos ang mga kailangan mong gawin… Tara na. Kanina ka pa inaantay ni Richard…”

Sarah paused and stood still. She wasn’t able to talk and clear things out with him. Yes, she still needed to face him. She saw a very dark expression plastered on his face when she felt his stares.

“Let’s talk” she read his lips. She faked a smile and nodded.

“What are you doing?” he asked her, as soon as she reached him.

“I’m not doing anything” she countered. Richard held her on the arm firmly “You’re avoiding me… kahapon pa bago tayo pumuntang Ilocos”

Sarah looked around if anyone was looking and gently pushed his hand aside. “Chard… pwede? Itigil na natin to… please.” She pleaded.

He smiled and held her chin “Eh kung sabihin kong ayoko?” he said “I know you like me too…” he added full of confidence. Sarah smiled back sweetly at him.

“I thought I did. Naguluhan lang pala ako, dahil lagi kitang nakakasama. Simple as that. Wag mo na gawing komplikado.” She answered back and turned her head sideways to take off his hand on her chin “And besides… I love Gerald, and you know that.” And then she left him.

(hinati ko na... ang haba na ata nung natatype ko.. hehe.. mmm,, tapos na yung next chapter... wait ko lang muna reaction nyo.. hehe.. i'm so loving your comments.. thank you po!!)