Chapter 14

Nina's P.o.v

Jace took a deep breath before he began.

"Elijah and I were very close as children. We basically grew up together and I'm sure it must be hard to believe but he wasn't always like this.
My dad and his were best friends: his dad was alpha, my dad was beta. So naturally he was almost like a brother to me.
I remember clearly the day his baby sister was born. Everyone in the pack was celebrating the entire day but Elijah and his family were so happy.
Me and Elijah were both 12 then. That day was the last time I saw Elijah look truly happy, and it would be the last time I saw him in three years. No one knows why they left. The whole pack just woke up the next morning and they were gone. Our lack had lost it's alpha and I had lost my best friend.
As presumed my dad as beta took on the role of alpha, for all three years. I guess my dad just thought his friend was going to come back."

"Okay so what happened when Elijah returned? Where's his sister and his father?" I questioned wanting to find out the information as quickly as possible.

"I'm getting to that part. I remember the day he came back very clearly. Not only was it the day Elijah returned, but it's the day I lost my father" Jace looked down in sorrow before shaking his head as if to pull himself together and then he continued.
"Now as alpha it was my fathers job to protect the pack and for a while they had been talking about strange happenings which were occurring just beyond our borders. No one knows what happened but when my father and his council did not return, scouts were sent out on search. They brought no information, only the soulless corpses of the pack leaders, including my father.
Later that same evening one of the pack informed my that there were two rouges waiting to see me. Instead of rogues, I found Elijah and his mother. He refused to talk about the rest of it. But from that moment on, as he regained his rightful alpha status, he changed. He wasn't the boy I had grown up with; he was heartless, unforgiving, angry.
And his mother... She had changed. I still think about it now. There's just something slightly different about her now that I just can't put my finger on" Jace explained to me.
I lent back in my chair in thought. There was clearly more to Elijahs past than meets the eye.

"And he won't talk about it at all?"

"He won't breathe a word alpha, not even to me"
"So then what-?" I was cut off by the door bursting open.

"We haven't found alpha Elijah. But we know where he's been" Matthew informed me.
I quickly got up to follow him before hesitating and turning back to Jace who hadn't moved from his spot.

"I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I too know what it Is to be alone" I said resting my hand lightly on his shoulder before rushing out of the room.
---

I rushed into the courtyard to see a group of pack members carrying a lifeless body across the square. My heart pounded in my chest as I begged and prayed that it wasn't Elijah.
It wasn't.
The face of the man was almost unrecognisable from his wounds and his body was bloodied and bruised.

"Who did this?" I growled angrily.
The company around me shuffled their feet awkwardly.
"Well speak up!" I yelled.
"Alpha Elijah" mumbled one of the men carrying the body.

"Excuse me?" I said looking around for confirmation. Harri who had rushed out to see what the commotion was all about stepped towards me.

"Surely you must have heard the methods in which alpha Elijah vents his anger. He will abuse or kill prisoners; a stress relief of sorts" Harri mumbled, clearly not wanting to be the one to defy Elijah.
"Well he has better be prepared because I'm gonna vent my anger and stress out by beating him to a damn bloody pulp as well" I declare.

"Show me to the prisons. I feel this is going I change my view on alpha Elijah"

--
(Not edited/checked)
Okay okay okay I'm soooooo sorry for the lack of updates. I even broke a pinky promise! 😱 (ahahah I'm going to hell for that)

Thought I would let you all know that updates will be a bit more varied and may not be as often but I will try my very best for you to write whenever I have a few spare moments.

Life has just gotten ridiculously busy incase you haven't realised.
Also want to say thank you for the continued support, it really does mean a lot! 💗
Hope you all have a good Christmas and new year! If you have any questions or opinions comment below( I will reply to any interesting ones) and if you liked it please vote!
Again I'm sorry for the shitty updates but I gave you something..
Byeeee!