Chapter 5 (full version)

'And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe just the touch of a hand. Well me I fall in love with you every single day. And I just wanna tell you I am.' - Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

[not edited]

--

Eli's P.O.V

"How dare she threaten me? How dare she defy me? I can't believe it. I'll put and end to her and her stupid pack" I growl pacing up and down my office.

"Well you kind of can't because she's you mate so neither you nor any of the pack can harm her in any way" Jace stated. This made me seriously angry. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the wall.

"YOU DON'T THINK I CAN DO IT, JUST YOU WATCH ME" I screamed in his face, "And don't you dare defy me like that again" i spat out releasing my grip on him.

"Sorry Alpha" he muttered cautiously trying to fix his collar.

"I know what I'll do. I'll send someone to kill her. Someone who has no connection to her who will kill her just as ruthlessly as I would if she wasn't my damn mate." I say my eyes flashing dark.

"Like an assassin?" Jace suggests quietly, his confidence knocked by my outburst of rage.

"Yes. Now go and sort it out. I want the best of the best and I'm willing to pay any price. And Jace, don't you dare mess it up" I threaten him as he rushes out of the room closing the door behind him.

Finally a solution to all my problems. I would finally be rid of her. The stupid female Alpha. Its an unimaginable idea anyways. Females cannot lead a pack.

'What the heck are you doing? She's our mate. We'll fall apart without her!' my wolf yelled at me.

I growled and shut him out, set on my task.

Huffing I sat down and tried to concentrate on the pack work I had to do.

--

Nina's P.O.V

Over the last week I had frantically tried to distract myself from thoughts of my mate. Fortunately I had no urges to see him or speak to him. I was only ever intriuged. Thankfully I did manage to find one main distraction: a wedding.

My best friend in the pack, Thea, was getting married to a pack member called Caine. It was an odd match as they weren't mates and some in the pack disapproved however Thea insisted that she loved him so I did not question her choice. Caine had tragically lost his own mate at 16, just a week after he had met her. Thea on the other hand was 24 and already didn't have a mate which was considered extremely late for a werewolf. Most mates find each other around 19 like I did. Thea had given up all hope of finding her mate and Caine was convinced she wouldn't.

All week had been spent hanging flowers on a canopy over a spring meadow, lanterns had been hung from the trees, food was prepared and tables and chairs were set up. I had watched Thea try on her wedding dress so many different times, each time a look of delight and excitement on her face.

---

The day of the wedding finally came around and the whole pack was buzzing with excitement; mainly because it was an excuse for everyone to get dressed up.

I watched happily as Thea walked down the aisle, a birght smile lighting up her face. She looked stunningly beautiful with her hair cascading down her back and her eyes glinting with happiness. Her wedding dress was simple but elegant and her veil was attached to her head by a small diamond clip in the back of her hair.

I felt like a proud mother. Apart from Matthew she was the person I was closest to. I didn't let many people in and she knew almost everything about me. Almost. There were a few secrets that no-one knew. But still, she was the closest thing I had to a best friend.

When she reached Caine they held hands and the service began. Being her one and only bridesmaid, I stood behind her holding her bouquet of flowers. Many people had tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. There was a great atmosphere of peace and joy.

But of course all good things come to an end.

Right before the vows, the happy atmosphere was cut like a knife. Literally.

Two knives came spinning through the air towards me before embedding themselves in the wooden frame behind me. I sniffed the air and recognised the scent. Wolfsbane. The daggers were laced with it. I had been an inch away from death.

Most people were yet to realise what had happened, some were crying, most looked confused. Thankully I wasn't distracted by the sudden chaos and I managed to dart out of the way when I sensed movement behind me. A dark figure stood behind me, a belt of knives around his waist, his claws out and a hood shadowing his face and his identity. He lunged towards me causing me to lunge out of the way and jerk his left hand causing him to drop one of his daggers.

His eyes glowed yellow as he pulled a larger curved sword from a holder on his back. The sunlight caught the blade causing the attacker to look more menacing. I stood protectively in front of Thea and Caine, making sure to protect my pack. The attacker went to take a step forward but stopped abrubtly.

The sword clattered to the ground. Okay then. Interesting attack strategy. I straightened up cautiously as the attacker drew back his hood. His claws had now retracted and his once glowing eyes had returned to a gorgeous gray colour. The man was definitely attractive with a tall, muscular build, piercing eyes and defined cheek bones.

He's not as good looking as my mate though I thought. Oh hell no. I was trying to get him off my mind. Damn it.

The mysterious man began to walk towards me and I growled in warning. However he didn't need to come any closer. I was gently pushed aside by a very cautious looking Thea. She stepped towards him carefully before blushing, colour flushing across her cheeks.

"Mate" the man spoke softly brushing his thumb across her cheek. This seemed very odd considering he was brandishing knives and trying to kill me less than a minute ago.

"Mate" she whispered back hesitantly before the man pulled her into his arms, nestling his face into the crook of her neck to breathe in her calming scent.

He gently, and slightly relunctantly released her and walked towards me. Caine was a tense mess beside me looking confused, sad and betrayed.

"You're her Alpha?" the man asked his hand still intertwined with Thea's.

I nodded "Yes"

"Then I can't hurt my mate's Alpha" he states before holding out his hand in greeting.

Well hasn't he had a change of heart. But still he was Thea's mate. I had be be nice to him and respect him.

"I'm Seth" he announced stepping towards me.

I was about to reply when Thea let out a loud scream. Right before Seth was tackled to the floor.

--

A longer update for you guys to make up for the long wait!

Btw I'm going to start doing the song lyrics of whatever I'm listening to when I write at the start of each chapter. Hope thats okay!

Comment/Vote if you liked it!

27 votes and 6 comments for the next update!

xx