Chapter 18

Nina's p.o.v

My night was without disturbance once Elijah moved to sleep next to me. I woke up however when it was still dark. The clock read half five. Brushing a quick glance over the silently sleeping Elijah, I slipped out of the covers and crept out of the room.
The pack territory was still deathly silent. No one in their right mind would be up at this time anyways. I walked in human form to the outskirts of my territory but stayed cautious; I didn't want to be seen.
Reaching our borders at the base of the mountains of Navara, I stopped. Crossing over the territory was dangerous. Although the mountains were impartial territory, the safety and protection of my pack and warriors would disappear.
I smiled to myself before leaping over the pack line, transforming into wolf form as I went. It was the best I had felt in a long time and it was just what I needed to clear my head of last nights trauma. I ran until I couldn't feel my legs, bounding through the snowy hills, camouflaged perfectly by the snow.

--
I had been resting for a while, my head resting on my paws in front of me. I had seen and heard no other living soul. Until now. My ears pricked up and I scrambled to my feet. There was nowhere to hide. My only solution was to bury my paws and nose in the snow and hope that my pure white coat would blend in with the snow enough so that my presence would remain unnoticed.
Two packs of black wolves approached each other from opposite directions. Upon meeting each other, they switched back to human form.
One of the groups dragged forwards a beaten and bloodied male who fell forwards into the snow.
"Do you think you can dare feed us incorrect information Lucas? Do you know what we do to traitors?" One man said. He wore dark clothing but an expensive looking emerald ring glittered on the second finger of his left hand.
"Please... Eric. I've only ever served you, I've been loyal! I swear!" Lucas cried, both his tears and blood dripping into the pure white snow.
"I don't like to kill the young Lucas but you told me Alpha Elijah was still unmated. Yet my sources indicate that not only is he mated, but to a female alpha. So now they have strength beyond my own. And unfortunately I don't want any strength that you can offer me" Eric sneered down at the young male.
My mind was whirring. Who was this man? And what did he want with me and Elijah? Plus, how could I let this young boy die!? He couldn't be any older than 17!
Eric took hold of a large silver knife and lined the blade up with Lucas' neck, preparing to strike.
I then did the stupidest thing I could have possibly done.
I kept out of my hiding place and knocked into Eric, pushing him to the ground and causing the knife to slip out of his grip. I then slipped into Lucas so that he fell across my back and sprinted away as fast as I could.
What had I just done?! I had revealed myself! My kind was supposed to be extinct! I had just made myself a target for every werewolf across the globe! And all for some stupid teenage boy. When I was far enough away from the scene I let the boy, who was drifting in and out of consciousness, off my back. His eyes widened when he saw my form.
"You're a... A... You're a.... White wolf" he spluttered out.
Fleeing quickly I left him in the snow before he could say anymore.
--
I arrived back at the pack house in human form and very worried. To make things worse Jace informed me of a pack council meeting.
Elijah, Jace, Matthew, Seth, Emma and Thea were all sitting round a large wooden table.
"What's going on?" I asked panicking that we were being attacked.
Elijah nodded to Seth who began speaking.
"Firstly, we think there's an attack on you and Elijah. A scout reported upon seeing a meeting of a group of rebels planning an attack on the both of you" Seth explained.
"Nothing we can't cope with surely?" I said trying to cover up that I had actually just witnessed this meeting.
"No there were very few of them. Surprisingly however, this is not the news that is most concerning"
I raised my eyebrows in question.
"The scout reported one other thing. One thing which effects the whole of our kind. He said that when the group tried to kill a traitor a mysterious figure saved the traitor"
"Well do we know who this figure is?"
"Well this is the shocking part. The scout said the boy was saved by a white wolf"

-
Can everyone please go and follow QueenZ14 for me please? She's now editing my story for me and she's brilliant so go and check her out!

90 votes and 16 comments for the next update bc I have lots of work to do..
( plus it's nice to set a goal every now and again)
Have a lovely week!