Chapter 2

Nina's p.o.v

The Alpha of the Red Night pack has no idea who he is messing with.

I growled as my Beta, Matthew, informed me of their oncoming attack.

"The patrol sniffed out unfamiliar scents and sent a scout forward to observe. The Red Night pack are declaring war on us. They have at least 500 warriors Alpha" Mattthew informed me as I stood in my office surrounded by my closest advisors. 

"Then we will be ready for them. Tell everyone to prepare for battle. If the Alpha wants to take his chances against our pack then so be it. But I hope he is prepared to meet his fate." I declare.

Everyone nods and heads out of the room leaving me to my thoughts. 

I look around the walls at all the paintings of the previous alphas. The Silver Moon pack is one of the oldest packs in North America so the wall was filled with paintings. All male of course. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. The werewolf community and way of life was so sexist. Males were always the dominant gender, even between mates.

This is one of the reasons I was so rare. No other pack in existence had a female alpha. The ceremony for when someone becomes Alpha is painful and an unrightful Alpha can even die. But not me. I was accepted by the Moon Goddess despite being a female. Now I run the Silver Moon pack.

The pack has about 900 werewolves in it making it slightly bigger than average. Unlike other packs we did not have ranks within the pack. Apart from the Alpha, the Beta and the third in command everyone was at equal status. No derogatory labels like Omega. Generally we were a very peaceful pack who kept ourselves to ourselves. But not today. Today we fight for what is ours.

The Red Night pack has always believed this to be their land. Bullshit is what I say to that. This land was won by the ancestors of the Silver Moon pack many years ago.Its not my fault the stupid Alpha of Red Night holds petty little grudges.

Truth be told I have never actually encountered the Alpha despite our borders being so close. I have only heard of him, rumours that claim that he is feared even by his own pack. Rumours that he is ruthless when it comes to rogues and trespassers. I've also heard that he's an arrogant son of a bitch who has his head so far up his own arse that its almost back on top of his shoulders.

---

Suited up in battle gear we waited for them to arrive. I was pleasantly suprised with the outcome of warriors who had turned up to fight. I didn't force any of them to fight, they could back away and go into hiding if they wanted to. Despite this many came and stood by my side as the scent of the Red Night pack drew closer. The wind suddenly dropped. That's when all hell broke loose.

Groups of fighters everywhere clawed and swung at each other either in human or wolf form. I stayed in human form not wanting to reveal my pure white coat. I was still strong enough to take down any wolf or human form that came near me, knocking them to the ground with pure force. I didn't kill though. I've seen too much death in my life to kill so ruthlessly. Thankfully all of my pack were still alive and fighting proving to be an equal match for the Red Night pack.

I smirked with pride knowing I had trained them well when I caught the whiff of the most beautiful smelling scent. It was a mixture of honey and jasmine and it made my wolf squeal with happiness. I followed the scent weaving through the fighters, knocking one to the ground every now and then. Distracted by the smell I knocked into the chest of a wolf who was still in human form.

Sparks shot through me as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.

"Mate" he growled.