Chapter 12

'I need somebody and always, this sick strange darkness comes creeping on so haunting every time. And as I stared I counted webs from all the spiders, catching things and eating their insides. Like indecision to call you and hear your voice of treason. Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?' - Blink-182: I miss you

Nina's p.o.v

"Nope not a chance. Not even a hope in hell"

"Don't be such a baby! Come on, move over"

"Your bed is over there"

"I'm not sleeping on the couch Nina"

"Well then find yourself another room because you certainly aren't sleeping here"

We both glared at each other, our eyes having a standoff, daring the other person to back down.

"Nina" he sighed, not impressed by my stubbornness to move.

"Elijah" I mocked back.

"Fine then"

I expected him to leave but being the annoying little prick that he was he couldn't accept defeat. He picked me up bridal style before shoving me over to one side of the bed so that he could climb in next to me. He quickly lay back and shut the light off before shutting his eyes and attempting sleep.

"Elijah?" I whispered through the dark.

"For goodness sake Nina what now?" He yelled sitting up.

"Okay don't get your knickers in a twist... Switch with me"

"What. No, just go to sleep Nina"

I kicked his shin forcefully in response.

"I can't sleep unless I'm on the right side of the bed dumbass now switch with me!"

"You've got to be serious" he groaned. I glared at him through the dark, hoping to burn a hole through his skull with me eyes. Elijah simply sighed before lifting my body over to his other side and shuffling along to the left.

"Happy now?"

"Ecstatic"

--

I readjusted my head on the pillow for the hundredth time, sleep evading me. I grumbled quietly to myself wriggling under the covers to try and find a comfortable spot. In the midst of all this a hand reached out and rested on my hip as I felt a warm body press up against my back.

"Do you always wriggle this much?" I could practically hear his smirk just through his tone of voice.

"No, only when I have a fat arse in the bed next to me" I retorted back shutting my eyes in hope of blocking him out. I felt him hover over me, his breath tickling the side of my cheek. I knew what was coming, but did I have the strength or the want to resist it? Nope.

"Maybe you just need something to tire you out" he whispered kissing down my neck. My toes curled in pleasure, my body suddenly refusing to push him away. I quickly wrapped my hands around his neck and wove my fingers into his hair. He kissed me passionately while tugging off my shorts. He quickly got rid of my shirt and underwear before kissing every inch of my skin, his hands following behind his lip.

"You drive me insane but damn are you beautiful" he murmured against my hip bone, his fingers lightly brushing the inside of my thighs. He made his way back up my body paying equal attention to every part.

"Off" I muttered in response upon realising he still had his boxers on.

"Don't hate me so much now, do you sweetheart?" He said before pressing a kiss just below my ear and ridding himself of the piece of material that acted as the only barrier between us.

I had never felt so much pleasure before. It's like I had found the reason people had mates. He still held me in his arms as my body became an amplified wave of soft moans and gasps. In the moment he kissed down my neck and extracted his canines. He harshly bit into my neck; painfully at first but it then turned into another vessel of pleasure. My body felt as if it couldn't hold out, I was ready to let go any secon-

--

I bolted upright in my sleep, sweat dripping off me. I quickly took a few deep breaths, the material of my shorts and top against my skin confirming that I was still fully clothed. I brushed my hand against my neck, only feeling the smooth skin that was there. No mark. It was just a dream.Just a vision inside my head. I breathed a sigh of relief before collapsing back against the pillows. I settled comfortably, preparing to forget the dream I had,had about Elijah and I, when I realised that I wasn't the only one having a restless night. Elijah was dripping with sweat and the moonlight from the window cast down upon him to show his face twisted in pain and fear. He was shaking slightly and I managed to make out a couple of phrases amidst his unconscious mumbling.

"No...stop...please...stop..don't make me.....don't make me!"

I watched silently, almost afraid for him. I had always seen him in control, a powerful and feared Alpha. But now he was vulnerable, a slave to his nightmares. Hesitantly I rested my hand on his shoulder and laid down next to him. This seemed to calm him so I wriggled closer to him, gripping his hand in mine. I began to whisper soothing words in his ear calmly brushing my fingers through his thick hair.

The shaking, the mumbling and the look of pure fright drained away as he rolled over to nestle his face in the crook of my neck. He wrapped his arms around me in a way of seeking escape and shelter. Although I despised him at times I put my arms around him in return and softly lulled him back to sleep.

There was definitely something I needed to find out about Elijah. Something that made him how he was, something that certainly haunted him.

--

Okay so you're probably all going to hate me because unfortunately I go on holiday tomorrow for a week and a half so the next update won't be until at least the 1st or the 2nd of september :\ 

Please don't hate me as I will try and do 2 chapters in one day or an extra long chapter when I next update to make up for it!

Due to the long wait for the next update I'm not going to ask for a certain number of votes/comments for the next chapter but do keep voting and commenting on this chapter as I love knowing that you guys are enjoying the book.Thank you all for reading! See you when I get back!

P.s I'm sorry for the awkwardness of the intimacy in this chapter... I've never really written anything like this before and I'm not about to go into any sort of hardcore smut. You can all use your imagination if you want to add any extra details haha :)