25

Sam POV
1 1/2 months later...

Shit went down the day we got busted. Before the day we got busted, we had this routine whereby we'll invite the gang over but this time around things got out of hand which led to us accidentally throwing a party. Dad and mom were obviously mad, we cleaned the house the entire night then dad had to take care of us. Long story short, dad is still old school and my ass still hurts.

"Try this on bitch," Shawty said as she smacked my ass.

"Ouch," I flinched.

She chuckled. "Your dad whooped your ass real good."

Shawty, Candy Sky and I are in the mall shopping for clothes. Dad and Dave are in the arcade and mom is back at home since she's now eight and a half months pregnant. She's just gonna slow us down because she'll complain about back pains and her feet hurting so that's why mom ain't with us.

"Don't you think them sweatpants look good on me?" Candy asked as he came with some sweatpants.

"Bitch, you know you've got the body for it," Sky said. "Let's go see if they fit," she said dragging Candy away.

Shawty and I continued looking around for some clothes to buy.

"Dad gave us his card so we can buy whatever we want," I said and Shawty gave me this weird look. "Why you looking at me like that?"

She came over and placed her arm over my shoulder. "I've never heard you say 'dad' with so much zeal and love," she said.

"He's my dad and I love him. Omari ain't shit so the good Lord gave me Shawn," I said.

"Either way, I love seeing you guys happy," she said and she kissed my cheek.

I immediately got out of her grasp. "Stop that. Them fine ass niggas in here are gonna think we a couple," I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Bitch please. I'm just showing my sister some love."

Candy and Sky came back and we continued our shopping. We went to different stores.

"I don't know about y'all but I'm famished," Sky said so we decided to go to the food court and have our food.

Minutes into our lunch I heard someone calling me. "Sammy," I heard. I turned and saw Dave running towards us with a huge smile on his face.

"Damn. Those chicken legs run fast," Candy said and Sky hit him upside the head.

"Watch it. That's my brother you're talking about," she said.

Dave finally made it to us. "He's coming Sammy. He's finally coming," he said cheerfully as he jumped up and down.

"Who? What are you talking about?" I asked as I tried to make him stop jumping.

Just when he was about to answer dad came trailing behind Dave. "Looks like we have to cut this shopping spree short. We gotta go," he said as he frantically took our bags.

We looked at him confused. "Why? What happened?" I asked.

"Candy and you Shawty. Imma drop y'all off," dad said ignoring me. He then mumbled something under his breath.

"What's the matter dad?" Sky asked as we started walking.

"Where are y'all phones?" Dad asked.

"In our pockets. We had them on silent because we didn't wanna be disturbed," I said.

Dad stopped and looked at us with widened eyes. "Big mistake. I left mine in the car and I just now went to get it. I discovered over ten missed calls from your mother. I called her back, turns out she's been trying to get a hold of all of us for the past two hours," he said and he started walking.