8

Sky POV

After mom revealed that she's pregnant... again. Things in the house have become a bit awkward and quiet at the same time. Its just, her being pregnant at the age if 37 ain't normal. Isn't she suppose to be on menopause right now?

With all that's happening, I still didn't forget my date with Gabby.

Right now Gabby and I are having our date in the skating ring.

"I don't really know how to skate Sky. I'm a bit rusty," Gabby said nervously as she put on her skates.

I sucked my teeth and looked at her. "Don't worry girl. I gotchu'," I said smiling at her.

We got inside the ring and I held her hand as we were skating nice and slow.

"That's right. You're getting the hang of it," I said cheerfully as I slowly let go of her hand and I roller skated in front of her.

She roller skated for a while until someone roller skated passed her and accidentally hit her. She started skating out of control.

"Shit, I can't stop," Gabby said skating haphazardly.

She made a lot of twists and turns trying to get back her balance. She then hurtled towards me and we crashed. I laid flat on my back and she was on top of me. We laughed as we were face to face.

Gabby looks more breath taking up close.

As we looked at each other, that's when I realized that they were playing Adore You by Harry Styles.

"...I get so lost inside your eyes
(Would you believe it?)
You don't have to say you love me
You don't have to say nothing
You don't have to say 'you're mine'
Honey, I walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Honey, walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Likes the only thing I'll ever do..."

The lyrics softly drifted through the speakers.

Our faces were just inches away from each other. I fought so hard with myself to not get closer and taste her lips. I then decided to bite the inside of my cheek.

"We should go get something to eat before my mom comes to pick us up," Gabby said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ummm... Yah. We should get something," I said shaking off my thoughts.

She got off me and we went out of the ring. We went to the food court and had our food.

"I really did enjoy hanging out with you," Gabby said as she sipped her smoothie.

"Me too," I said smiling at her.

"So... Do you see a second date?" She said.

My eyes almost popped out of my sockets.

"Yes, I really did enjoy being with you," I said trying so hard not to blush.

She nodded. "I'll also love to go on another date with you," she said smiling. "Next time, I'll be the one taking us."