2

Sky POV

As expected, that joke of a man, I mean, dad didn't show up. I wasn't surprised though since he has been bailing on us for quite some time now.

"I'm off to the cafeteria to have lunch. You coming with?" Sam asked as she closed her locker.

"I'll be with y'all in a minute," I said and she walked away.

The only thing that makes this shitty shit hole of a school bearable is because of our friends. We do all type of crazy things with each other. We're basically like one weird family together.

"Hey Sky," I heard a soft voice call out to me.

I turned and I couldn't help but smile. "Hey Gabby," I said waving and she smiled at me as she headed for the cafeteria.

Gabby, formally known as Gabrielle Gates and no, she's not related to Bill Gates. Gabby and I are lab partners. She's really, smart, cute, kind, sweet and funny. And that ass. Damn, that ass looks fine in them jeans she be wearing.

"Ask her out on a date," I heard someone say in my ear.

I turned and rolled my eyes at Candy.

Formally known as Cedric Browne, Candy is both a brother and a sister to me. I love how he's openly gay and he ain't afraid to show it. Besides my sister, he's always there for me and he's the second person in our friendship group that I'm close to.

"Girl bye," I said to Candy.

He came closer to me. I love how he freely wears lip gloss and does his nails without caring about what haters say. Sometimes I wish I had his confidence.

"Chile please. Look at her," he said turning my head towards Gabby's direction. "She's so your type. I can't see why she would turn you down," he said playfully nudging me.

I've been trying to get myself to ask her on a date but my nerves get the best of me and I chicken out.

"Let's go have lunch with the rest of our people and stop talking about Gabby," I said walking away hoping that he'll get the hint that I don't feel like talking about Gabby anymore.

"Alright," he said with his hands up in defeat.

We got inside the cafeteria and immediately spotted our posse. We went to them.

"What's popping Miss Thang," Trey said to Candy.

Formally known as Tremaine Simmons, Trey is one trouble maker. When we get into trouble, its mostly because if him but he'll never snitch on you. He always has your back at all times.

"Boy bye," Candy said as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"What's up book worm?" I said as I sat next to Danny.

Formally known as Daniel Armstrong, Danny is the genius of the group. He's really a quiet, down to earth type of a guy. He likes following rules and makes sure to never deviate from them. He's such a goody-two-shoe and we like him just the way he is.

I then saw Shawty busy eating some of my fries. "Get your own Shawty," I said swatting away her hand.

She laughed. "For some reason, other people's food taste more amazing than yours," she said shrugging.

Formally known as Shontelle Martin, Shawty is the wild card up in here. She ain't afraid to take risks. Just last week, she almost got caught sneaking into the teacher's lounge just because she wanted to swap her English assignment with another improved one. She succeeded.

We all just sat there busy having laughs and fun.

All was well until the bell rang.

"What the fuck," Trey groaned loudly. "I don't wanna go to that class with all the numbers in it," he whined.