𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

dear diary,

for the first time, i don't know what to write. dad hasn't been mad at all lately. he's just quiet, which i think is weird.

mom's doing extra to keep him like that. she often tells me she's tired of him too. it's nice to know even my own mother feels that way.

it was jungah's birthday a few days ago, and dad bought her a new laptop. it's obvious who the favourite child is.

well, i don't mind. i know jungah will let me share. she is my sister, after all. she's the only form of solace i have at home.

now for my favourite topic. jisoo.

we're doing great. jisoo has been refusing my hugs lately, but i think it's just because of test pressure. he has been studying to the bone. poor guy.

other than that, there's nothing odd in our relationship. i think we're coming along quite well.

i hope it'll stay this way.

i'll be signing off now.

xoxo, jeonghan.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"jisoo, you promised," jeonghan frowns.

"what exactly did i promise?" jisoo asks, picking up his wallet.

"you promised we'd study together today."

"i'm tired of studying, han. i just want a little break," jisoo reasons.

"so you're hanging out with your other friends."

"are you mad?" jisoo teases jeonghan, grinning.

"no, just disappointed i won't learn any english." jeonghan turns around. "guess i'll have to study all by myself today."

"why don't you tag along? i'm sure my friends won't mind," jisoo says.

"what? no, no," jeonghan puts on a fake smile. "go on. i wouldn't want to make things awkward."

"you sure?" jisoo asks.

"i'm sure," jeonghan rolls his eyes.

"hey. what's going on?" jisoo asks.

"nothing. nothing's wrong," jeonghan says, facing away from jisoo.

"han, i can't hang out with you all the time, i have other friends too," jisoo tries to reason.

"you hung out with them last tuesday and thursday," jeonghan says.

"so? they're my friends. i've known some of them for years. i can't ignore them," jisoo says.

"right, right," jeonghan says, looking away.

"why are you acting that way? am i not allowed to hang out with my friends?" jisoo asks rather angrily.

"why are you getting mad at me? i want to hang out with my friend too. you're the only friend i have," jeonghan says.

"i get that han, but i need to give time to my other friends too. we can hang out later in the evening," jisoo says.

"whatever. you don't need to hang out with me." jeonghan swings his bookbag over his shoulder. "have fun."

"jeonghan-" jisoo reaches out for jeonghan, but the latter is already walking away.

jisoo sighs. "what is wrong with him?"

.
.

"you're telling me this guy got mad at you for hanging out with us?" chaesol stares at jisoo, wide-eyed.