Strain ♣

•JK•

Ever since we got in the car, she was nothing but silent. Looking through the car's tinted window as she securely held our sleeping little one in her arms. Seriously worried about this deafening silence, I approached her;

"Are you okay?..."

Daniels moved his head a little and quickly activated the glass partition between us and him in the car, giving us privacy.

She looked my way, eyes really sad. She heaved a sigh and held Sage's hand.

"I can't say I'm okay... it's really sad and frustrating to be constantly thinking about the things our friends discussed earlier. I was clueless the whole time. I feel so...lost and empty."

Her eyes began to well up.

"That degrading feeling where everyone knew exactly what they're talking about and I had to keep my ignorance over a smile and a nod the whole time. I am not disappointed of what they tried to do for me but I'm disappointed of myself."

I pulled both of them to my embrace.

"Shush...it's okay. You're not well, my love and they completely understand that. Also, don't punish yourself for what you don't remember. Eventually, you'll recall everything."

She looked at me still with tears and fear in her eyes;

"What if I don't recall them anymore?..."

I kissed the side of her head;

"Then I'll let you remember. We'll create new memories. Don't stress yourself too much. It won't be good for you. Always remember, I'll be here for you no matter what happens."

She snuggled closer and we both silently watched our little one who's sleeping in such an adorable way.

--♣--

Once we got back, as instructed,  Juliana was waiting in my palace house and was ready to take Sage. Once everything was settled, we, Daniels and I, decided to walk Ruis back to the Ryu's estate. But what happened next kinda worried me. We encountered a frantic Margaux, who was restlessly looking for Ruis around the palace. She was more than surprised to find us with the Ryu's youngest child. She quickly lowered her head to me and Daniels but quickly gripped my wife's wrist.

"My lady! I've been worried looking all over for you. Your parents and...Young master Florence are waiting..."

I raised my brow.

"Florence? Why is he waiting. What is going on."

Margaux, the Ryu's personal assistant hesitantly eyed us yet her face is filled with worry. I knew from the way she quickly looked away after my question, that the matter isn't supposed to be relayed to anyone. Even the fact that she saw us with Ruis seemed like made her more anxious. I felt like she wanted to confirm something but chose to keep her mouth shut instead. I pulled Ruis away from her hold.

"I demand the reason why they want Ruis back home as soon as possible and why is Florence around?"

"Your highness, it is not my standing to say anything-"