Illusion ♣

JM•

"Too much already. Remember, do not approach your son later as you reek of alcohol. An attractive smell of alcohol and that cologne that draws a bunch of temporary wifey volunteers to you.  I must point out."

I slowly took the glass of wine from his hand. He rolled his eyes and attractively beamed at my statement while the others just watched us in silence.

"Nobody gets drunk with wine. Not me. Tsch"

Well that may be true but not tonight. From the amount and number of bottles we finished which were mostly about him drinking his sorrow away, I'd say he had too much and he's fucking drunk now. With that foolish smile plastered on his face, I'm sure half of his brain's apparently enjoying wonderland.

"It's a bit weird what fatherhood could do to a person eh?"

He gushed before finishing his glass.

He slouched in such a laid back position as he took a solo spot while we waited for him to continue. Head on the headrest of the kingly furry single couch and looked up at the night sky.

"All the fun and thrills I've enjoyed as a single man vanished just like that.  Replaced with something others would perceive as...I Don't know...normal? Boring? Simple happiness? I don't even know what to call it..."

In a slurred speech he delivered.

The Korean main adviser chuckled;

"There is no such thing as simple happiness. It's just that your priorities changed, your highness."

He smiled but remained his eyes at the dark sky.

"All I want...is my son to grow as fine as he can be and...my wife to come back in my arms."

As though speaking to the heavens he breathed out in such a calm yet pleading voice.

"Y'all don't agree that it's fair for a young father like me to end up as a widower. Right?"

He asked in a hoarse voice. We all exchanged glances and no one dared to answer as we knew where that question will lead him. Namjoon quickly rose from his comfortable position and walked towards the crestfallen prince.

"Jungkook, you're tired. Let's get you to your chamber."

He gently pulled his arm.

"Guys, let's scram. I'm sure everyone's tired now."

He said, talking to us in a brotherly manner. Commanding us as a friend and not a person who's supposedly aware of his royal boundaries.

Avalanche stood and gladly still knew how to stand straight. He took another full bottle of wine before he walked ahead and entered his terrain. We needed to wait for him to finally step into his territory before we followed him. It's a custom for the Romanovs not to walk side by side with the royal who owns the terrain despite being one with power. At least a huge distance is required. We didn't usually followed the rule as youngsters. Due to a strong bond of friendship...but our little Romanov is now a man who officially let go of his feisty ways as a young man and so the royal protocols are now strongly  implemented. Not by him...but us.