24

Today was my first day in intelligence, I would have been so excited but right now I was fed, fed up with this sling I still had to wear, fed up because I would be going in on light duties, fed up because I had just started my fricking period

Walking out of my room with my hair still a mess because I couldn't lift my arm up fully to brush my hair.

"Hey babygirl it's only me" Adam shouted as he walked in my apartment.

"When can I get this pissing thing off" I groaned tossing him my hair brush.

"Soon you only have a week left then you can work on physio" he smiled sitting behind me brushing my hair "you want it tied up?"

"Please" I mumbled taking my hair band off my wrist and passing it to him. "Thank you, I don't know what I'd have done without you recently"

"It's fine I've got you" he whispered kissing my head "you ready to roll?"

"Yeah let's go"

———

"Kev why do you have a million bars of chocolate in your drawer" jay laughed

"You will find out" he laughed "but right now we got to roll"

"Mckenzie what have we got so far?" Voight asked.

"I've got nothing coming back on the car that was found and still waiting on ballistics getting back to me. However I did find this on Emma's Facebook page a day before she was shot" I said getting up sticking the print out on the board. "She broke up with our main suspect either the day before or a couple of days before, and he didn't like it"

"Good work" Hank nodded

After about 20 minutes Adam and Kim walked back in with our suspects in cuffs.

"Boss can I get in there with questioning" I asked.

"Go for it" he nodded and I followed Adam into the interrogation room.

"Right you need to tell us what happened" I said calmly.

"I don't know what you are talking about women"

"See I think you do, you see we know Emma broke up with you a couple of days ago and then 24 hours later she winds up with 3 holes in her chest" I spat.

"I didn't do nutting"

"Listen here you little shit, I know guys like you, hell I used to roll with guys like you so cut the crap because I can see right through it. Did you kill Emma" I shouted slamming my hands on the desk.

"Oh yeah you don't look like someone who would roll with guys like me" he laughed.

"Don't let my appearance fool you now answer the god damn question" I snapped as Adam placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Fine I shot her pathetic ass because she was gonna turn me in to the cops"

"Come on you are coming with me" Adam said taking him to lock up.

"Good work in there" Erin nodded.

"What you said in there what did you mean by you used to roll with guys like him?" Adam asked.

"Dont wanna talk about it" I huffed heading back to my desk.

"Why not?" He carried on.

"Adam I said I don't wanna talk about it so drop it" I snapped.

"Ruz, leave it man" Kev said going into his draw "bear catch"

"Cheers bro" I nodded tearing the chocolate bar open with my teeth.

"And that my friends is why I have a draw full of chocolate trust me shark week is not the one for this one"

"That's it just tell the whole unit why don't you" I snapped just as another chocolate bar was launched at my head.

"They need to know when not to piss you off" he laughed.

———

"I'm sorry about earlier" Adam said placing a hand on my thigh.

"It's fine I just don't like talking about my past" I sighed snuggling into him.

"I totally get that" he whispered kissing my head. "So is this why you avoided me at least once a month"

"Yeah I'm a right bitch when I'm on" I laughed "mood swings are crazy"

"Well I want everything even the mood swings" he whispered "now I'm gonna go run you a bath"

After about 15 minutes the bath was ready.

"You gonna join me" I asked as Adam helped take my sling off.

"Like you even have to ask" he chuckled helping me undress.

As he helped take my shirt off I caught a glimpse of my gun shot wound and sighed.

"This is healing nicely" he whispered gently running his finger over it.

"Me and Rox have already designed what tattoo is gonna go there" I laughed

"That doesn't surprise me in the slightest" he chuckled helping me into the bath "so you have kevs badge number when you getting mine"

"Whoa slow down there buddy I know we have been fucking around for months but we have only been together a week" I laughed as he climbed in behind me.

"I was joking but you will get it right and I'd get yours"

"Maybe" I giggled leaning back into him.