23

"Yeah I understand, gimme half hour and I will be there, copy, bye" Adam said as he stood at the end of the bed ending whatever call he was on

"Mmmm baby come back to bed" I groaned still kinda half asleep.

"I'd love to but that was Voight" he said sitting next to me "they got a heavy case and need all the help they can get"

"It's okay" I smiled placing my hand on his thigh "go be super cop"

"I don't wanna leave you alone especially when it's only been a couple of days since you came out of hospital" he sighed.

"Hey I will be fine, I will get roxi to come over so I'm not alone" I smiled.

"If roxi cannot come over you let me know ok?" He whispered

"Promise" I smiled "now give me a kiss and get ready"

"Now that I can do" he smirked pushing me back gently so I was now laid on my back as he leant over me as his lips met mine.

Pulling away as things started to get heated giggling as Adam groaned.

"As much as I'd like you to stay here and we can do this all day you need to go or hanks gonna have your balls" I laughed

"Urgh fine" he chuckled kissing my forehead as he pushed himself up leaving me to go get ready.

———

Walking back into my apartment felt good, I had about 15 minutes before Rox would be here, grabbing the mail the went through it tossing the junk mail.

One letter caught my eye, it was hand written and no address. Tearing the letter open I nearly threw up.

No one from my past knew where I was so how did he find me.

"Little one,
Long time no speak, you thought you could run from me. I told you I'd find you.
We shall meet again soon, very soon.
All my love, D"

This wasn't happening, one thing was I couldn't let anyone know about this. I didn't want to lose any of them to this bastard.

Hearing a knock at the door I shoved the letter in a draw before answering it.

"Hey girl" Rox grinned walking in the apartment. "Now you need spill about you and Ruzek"

"Oh god" I groaned "do I have to?"

"Yes now spill" she smirked placing a can on coke in my hand.

"Ok so it started with the shower incident which you know about then he approached me when we was in the club and we kinda started teasing each other and I went back to his, then we got stuck in the lift together and decided we was gonna start friends with benefits and a couple of days before I got shot we became official" I smiled.

"What did I say" she smirked.

"I know you were right" I laughed.

"So how's the sex" she grinned.

"Amazing but that's all I'm saying" I said leaning back. "Rox can you do me a favour?"

"You know I will" she nodded.

"Can you run me to the 21st I need to speak with hank and can we stop at maccies in the way" I asked

"Why do you need to speak to Hank?"

"He offered me a position in intelligence and I'm gonna take it" I smiled.

———

"There she is" trudy grinned at me. "How you doing?"

"Meh been better and will be better as soon as I can get this sling off" I huffed

"Not be long now" she smiled.

"Can you buzz us up please" I smiled "I brought everyone food including you"

"You are a gem" she laughed as she opened the gate.

"I thought I told you to rest" Adam scolded me as reached the top of the stairs.

"Ruzek have you tried telling this one what to do" Kev laughed "she never listens"

"Oh I will just go then" I smirked "and you shall all go hungry"

"Wait you brought food" Adam said instantly standing up.

"Yes I did" I laughed holding the maccies bag up.

"Do you know you are the best" he smirked kissing me before taking the bag of food off me. "Now you sit down"

"I will I promise but i need to speak to Hank quickly" I smiled walking off.

"You didn't have to bring the whole unit food you know" Hank smiled at me as he closed the door behind me.

"I needed to get out the house and speak to you so thought I'd bring food" I nodded sitting down.

"So you thought about what we talked about?" He asked.

"Yeah I have and I'm gonna take you up on that offer" I smiled.

"Good, I'm glad you said that, you think you and Ruzek will manage working together" he asked

"Yeah just maybe don't partner us up" I laughed getting up and joining the guys.

"Your seat is right here" Adam smirked pulling me onto his lap.

"Guys I know I said I'm cool with you two but don't be getting all mushy in front of me" Kev laughed.

"So I want to welcome the newest member of intelligence" Hank said nodding at me.

"Wait your joining us?" Both Adam and Kevin said at once.

"Yes boys I'm joining the unit" I smirked